State Sponsorship/July 1st

winkle100

Guest Fabian

Affect you in which way ? If you have obtained state sponsorship before 1. July but apply after 1. July for a residence visa I assume the new rules will apply as its lodged after 1st of July.

If the changes really apply...lets see what will happen.

Guest RobynT84

I keep hearing about the 'July Changes' but I'm not sure what these changes are meant to be or how they'll affect us.... Any info would be muchly appreciated!

Guest VickyMel
Stupid question probably but if we have SS by July 1st would I be right in saying the July changes won't effect us? or does our visa application need to be in so the July changes won't effect us?

To be able to apply before the changes you need to have submitted your visa application before July. After that date you would need to be eligible under the new criteria.

However, I think it was last year that because of some issues the system was closed down sometime in May and did not open again until after July.

Plus you may still be affected (as is everyone already in the system and is true ofr any time while you are waiting) - in that DIAC sometimes change the priorities as well.

Many of the people in priority 4 were in priority 2 at one time. We were priority 2 then 5 then 4 then back up to 2 before we got a visa.

However, hopefully the SS will continue to receive high priority now that they have sorted out the problem and put quotas in place.

Robyn

Here is the link to discussion on the new points test expected in July

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99047-new-points-test-details-released-11-november.html

VickyMel

Guest RobynT84

Hi VickyMel,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I am reading, reading reading whenever I get time and keep coming across things that panic me and then a few posts later finding something that puts my mind at ease again! Your response has been really helpful though.

Thanks again!

Hi VickyMel,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I am reading, reading reading whenever I get time and keep coming across things that panic me and then a few posts later finding something that puts my mind at ease again! Your response has been really helpful though.

Thanks again!

The system closed down from may till July- surely not!

Guest VickyMel

Can't remember when in May (might have been last day) but was certainly shut down all of June - but that may be because there was a load of other stuff going on at the time and DIAC was maybe trying to stop the rush of applications.

Guest VickyMel

Just checked the dates for some of the people who I remember were panicking trying to get applications in on the day given the few hours notice DIAC gave of the shut down (was totally unfair) - it was closed May 7th midnight until 1st July.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/85043-new-skills-list-announced-may-2010-a-10.html#post755477

this was the first people knew of it - another hectic day on PIO. Some blimmin decent agents helped a few none paying PIOers that day. Many of us were watching several people lodge applicants with hours remaining.

If I remember correctly DIAC had been hit by a mass influx of applications at a time when it was desprarate to slow them down - we haven't heard of that sort of problem this year and they are working better now with the quotas etc. Plus it sounds from what people are saying that they are struggling to get sufficient people processed anyway so I doubt it is a problem.

SA have closed their sponsorship applications already.

Our agent provisionally applied to Vic some time ago and they have requested my positive skills assessment when it arrives. if Vic decided to close applications I'm hoping we have foot in the door and it wouldn't effect us!!!!!!!

Guest VickyMel

Hi Winkle

VIC asiking for your skills assessment sounds good news to me - they only usually ask if they are looking at you positively - hope you get some good news soon.

Not sure if you have seen this thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99554-new-vic-smp-where-you-now.html

the first post lists people who are waiting to hear back from VIC

Vicky

Guest RobynT84
Our agent provisionally applied to Vic some time ago and they have requested my positive skills assessment when it arrives. if Vic decided to close applications I'm hoping we have foot in the door and it wouldn't effect us!!!!!!!

Do you think that may be the case then? we are waiting on feedback from Vetassess but have submitted the SS application to Victoria at the same time so this would benefit us too!

Guest VickyMel

Earlier this year Victoria gave a bit of a warning before shuting down applications for SS for people in IT - they are continuing to process appliations that were in prior to that time.

So if they are going to shut down before July for the other occupations hopefully they would again give notice - but they could just continue processing applicants the whole time and not stop at all.

We applied without VETASSESS and recieved it back while waiting for VIC SS - we just emailed it to them when we recieved it and they attahced it to our application.

VIC historically worked on an occupation at a time - so when someone heard all other people in that category also heard within that fortnight. However what they do now is unsure - possibly as they had loads of applications when the new SMP process opened up and VIC were the first to open.

Earlier this year Victoria gave a bit of a warning before shuting down applications for SS for people in IT - they are continuing to process appliations that were in prior to that time.

So if they are going to shut down before July for the other occupations hopefully they would again give notice - but they could just continue processing applicants the whole time and not stop at all.

We applied without VETASSESS and recieved it back while waiting for VIC SS - we just emailed it to them when we recieved it and they attahced it to our application.

VIC historically worked on an occupation at a time - so when someone heard all other people in that category also heard within that fortnight. However what they do now is unsure - possibly as they had loads of applications when the new SMP process opened up and VIC were the first to open.

Wow that was quick, we received my positive skills assessment on Friday applied for Vic SS in the afternoon and woke up this morning to an email saying we were successful!

I can't believe how quick it's moving...

Wow that was quick, we received my positive skills assessment on Friday applied for Vic SS in the afternoon and woke up this morning to an email saying we were successful!

I can't believe how quick it's moving...

Congrats mate, that was quick!! Good luck with 176!! :hug:

P.S: Same thing happened with me as well, applied for Vic SS on Jan 6th, and received a mail asking for skills assessment last week, and now just waiting for ACS assessment to come along. Wish me luck!

armandra!

Congrats mate, that was quick!! Good luck with 176!! :hug:

P.S: Same thing happened with me as well, applied for Vic SS on Jan 6th, and received a mail asking for skills assessment last week, and now just waiting for ACS assessment to come along. Wish me luck!

armandra!

The 176 is the easy bit all the hard work has been done- I hope!

The 176 is the easy bit all the hard work has been done- I hope!

When it comes to validating your visa does it need to be in the state that is sponsoring you?

It's only we are off to Perth in November and maybe we can will two birds with one stone?

Archived