Change from 176 back to 175

cazhoney

Is it up to NSW to actually withdraw the SS.

Or can you just write a letter to the CO stating that you no longer want to accept the NSW SS?

Some people have changed from one state to another and just need to advise DIAC of this. I don't think they needed any specific release?

Hi Vicky,

my CO said I have to write to NSW to ask for the withdrawl, and NSW has to tell DIAC about this......

I'd just stick with what you are currently doing and avoid possible delays and changes :-) State Sponsored is probably going to be quicker.

Hi,

I asked my CO if it would change anything in my application if I decide to withdraw the SS, and he said no, that he is just waiting for my medicals to be cleared.

Guest Colorana
Hi Colorana,

thanks for sharing this with me.

I have contacted my CO last week, and asked him nicely about being considered as a 175 instead of a 176. For my surprise, he told me that I could´t because I was a Category for, and with the SS, I became Cat 3.

I was shocked. He also told me that my SS was considered as as "offlist nomination"....Weird, because I had to send them documents proving that I have 6 years of experience as an Environmental engineer.

So I sent him right away the reassessment lettter, to show him that I was considered as a Environmental Engineer, and that I should be considered as a Category 3 (without the SS).

Finally yesterday he sent me an email confirming that I am elegible for the 175 visa. But that I have to ask NSW to withdraw the SS and inform DIAC.

I am not sure what to tell NSW to ask them to withdraw the SS.....

Hi Cazhoney, I am shoked just reading what the CO told you. It is very confusing! How is it possible that your nomination could have been considered as an offlist (if your occupation was already included in the list that was valid at the time you obtained the nomination!!!)? I wonder if mine was also an offlist nomination.....:wacko: Does not matter now that I have a CO.

In any case, it looks like the CO has given you green light to withdraw your application. Regarding what to tell NSW I suggest you just have to mention your very valid reason. This is that you are a bit concerned about the living costs in NSW (I am in the same boat!:shocked:). You can also mention that you are from Brazil and you are looking forward to living in a place with similar weather (more tropical...etc..). If you have family in that other state you are planning to go, it may also be worth to mention it. Good luck and hope everything runs smoothly....

Hi Cazhoney, I am shoked just reading what the CO told you. It is very confusing! How is it possible that your nomination could have been considered as an offlist (if your occupation was already included in the list that was valid at the time you obtained the nomination!!!)? I wonder if mine was also an offlist nomination.....:wacko: Does not matter now that I have a CO.

In any case, it looks like the CO has given you green light to withdraw your application. Regarding what to tell NSW I suggest you just have to mention your very valid reason. This is that you are a bit concerned about the living costs in NSW (I am in the same boat!:shocked:). You can also mention that you are from Brazil and you are looking forward to living in a place with similar weather (more tropical...etc..). If you have family in that other state you are planning to go, it may also be worth to mention it. Good luck and hope everything runs smoothly....

Yeah, you could imagine my reaction....Don´t know what happens inside DIAC, everything so confusing....I have sent my reassesment letter a long time ago, but my CO was not aware about it.....

I dind´t know that NSW provides off list nominations...if you look on their website, they say they don´t have quota for off-list. So I am sure we (this includes you) are not off-list. But it doesn´t matter anyway....

What it matters is that my CO gave me the green light to change my application back to 175, and this will not delay my application...

I will send an email to NSW, hope they do it fast....

Guest Colorana
Yeah, you could imagine my reaction....Don´t know what happens inside DIAC, everything so confusing....I have sent my reassesment letter a long time ago, but my CO was not aware about it.....

I dind´t know that NSW provides off list nominations...if you look on their website, they say they don´t have quota for off-list. So I am sure we (this includes you) are not off-list. But it doesn´t matter anyway....

What it matters is that my CO gave me the green light to change my application back to 175, and this will not delay my application...

I will send an email to NSW, hope they do it fast....

Yes, I agree. This whole process has been very confussing for me too. It may well be some COs are just not fit to provide advise and they confuse people even more. As you said, the most important thing is that you got green light and it is just a question of time for you to receive your 175 grant....good luck and keep us posted!...

Archived