finding a job

Bradburns

Just wanted to find out how easy/hard it will be for me to find a job when we eventually get to oz. OH is the one with the trade skills, i am willing to do anything within reason. I have worked as a barmaid, receptionist, telesales operative, shop assistant and admin assist. I would be looking for part time work as i have 2 children, Megan aged 6 & Toby aged 1. Megan would be at school but Toby will not, don't feel i would be able to afford nursery fees. Any advice welcomed.

:spinny::goofy:

Hiya ,i applied for 3 part time jobs when we arrived , 2 as a support worker ,one as a shop assistant,i was offered all 3!theres always lots of jobs for cleaners,telesales,shop assistants etc in the paper,have a look on AllJobs.com.au - Search for Jobs in Australia this covers all areas so should give you an idea where the work is.Depending on what visa you get and how much hubby earns you may be entitled to child care assistance for the little ones.But it works on a scale so even if you think he earns too much you may be entitled to something,its definately worth speaking to Centrelink about when you arrive.

Cal x

Archived