HSBC account

SussexBear

I know this has been asked before, but could someone who has opened one of these accounts tell me how easy/hard it was and do you get debit cards etc straight away? Also has anyone with a citibank credt card transferred it to use as a UK account? I have looked on thier site and it's not very clear

:cute:

We opened up a HSBC account pretty easily as an existing customer - we had to ring the international accounts line, set up over the phone, then take ID into a local branch. Cards/cheque books/paying in books arrived a couple of weeks later.

If you are an existing customer you can link to your UK accounts using 'global view' which is quite useful as you can see them all on one screen...

Don't know about citibank I'm afraid.

HSBC dont have many branches in Australia and you have to pay account charges and ATM fees if you use another banks ATM. i was with HSBC in the Uk but not with them in oz as they are not such a good bank. I'm with NAB and they have free banking without having to pay in $2000 per month but my credit card is with HSBC as they offered no annual fee and more days interest free than other banks. however, i had to wait over 6 months to get a credit card, even though i had them in the UK for 20 years.

I doubt you can transfer your citibank credit card to Oz. they may be the same parent bank but they are technically separate banks. you will probably have to pay off your UK one and get an Aussie credit card separately.

Archived