Before i jump in

Rock Hound

Right well after having done a bit of research and looking into things there are still a few niggling questions :confused:

Right my situation is that i am looking to go to perth on my own in about a week or so on a working holiday visa with the view of getting a more permanent visa after a few months. I work in the mining industry so finding work doesnt seem that much of a problem (already had one phone interview and the recruiter i am using says he has a few interviews lined up when i get out there).

1) My inital plan is to say at a hostal for a couple of weeks as i cant seem to find anywhere cheaper unless someone here has/knows of a room going cheap? Does this sound ok for my first couple of weeks?

2) Should i have many problems finding a house to rent considering i am in oz on a whv?

3) I was think of opening a po box so i could apply for my tfn and medicare. Would this be ok for this or do i need a permanent address?

I cant think of anything else right know except that it all seems a bit daunting :unsure:

Right well after having done a bit of research and looking into things there are still a few niggling questions :confused:

Right my situation is that i am looking to go to perth on my own in about a week or so on a working holiday visa with the view of getting a more permanent visa after a few months. I work in the mining industry so finding work doesnt seem that much of a problem (already had one phone interview and the recruiter i am using says he has a few interviews lined up when i get out there).

1) My inital plan is to say at a hostal for a couple of weeks as i cant seem to find anywhere cheaper unless someone here has/knows of a room going cheap? Does this sound ok for my first couple of weeks?

2) Should i have many problems finding a house to rent considering i am in oz on a whv?

3) I was think of opening a po box so i could apply for my tfn and medicare. Would this be ok for this or do i need a permanent address?

I cant think of anything else right know except that it all seems a bit daunting :unsure:

You can't apply for a TFN until you get here and to register for medicare takes a few minutes, you just walk into the office. You don't need a premanent address, we applied for ours from the temporary address we used for the first few weeks.

A hostel sounds ideal for first few weeks, maybe a good opportunity to meet some other people.

You can't apply for a TFN until you get here and to register for medicare takes a few minutes, you just walk into the office. You don't need a premanent address, we applied for ours from the temporary address we used for the first few weeks.

A hostel sounds ideal for first few weeks, maybe a good opportunity to meet some other people.

Ok thanks for the help but doesn the TFN get sent to your address? My only concern is that is takes a while to come through and i am no longer there.

Ok thanks for the help but doesn the TFN get sent to your address? My only concern is that is takes a while to come through and i am no longer there.

It takes a couple of weeks. You would need to either stay in one place for a couple of weeks or just go back and pick it up.

Archived