Menta health social worker looking for some advice

Guest Lee the badger

Guest Lee the badger

Hey, hey.

I'll be moving out to Melbourne in June with the family and have just finised working my way through the AASW paperwork. Do I really have to get a breakdown of the content of all my degrees and the marks I got for each module? I did my undergradute in 1997! Certified copies of my certificates is one thing but a full course breakdown seems a bit excessive (and pretty impossible too).

Also, anyone know what the market is like for mental health in Melbourne at the moment? I'm an AMHP (approved social worker as was) with 7 years experience working in a Central London borough.

Cheers.

Hi, i'm so pleased u r in the process of doing the AASW form, me too! With regards to ur question I looked on the webisite for my uni that I graduated in and they had the full breakdown of subjects etc on there.. However I did e mail an old lecturer and she e mailed me all the modules I studied, the content covered and how each subject was to be assessed!

I have questions of my own with regards to the AASW form.. I sent an e mail to AASW and put the same set of questions on here the other day but no response from either! Il try and find the post again.. May get some more responses?!

Maybe it's work sending ur questions to AASW and they will reply after Easter!

Guest smileykylie

All universities will keep records of your academic record, should surely only take a phone call to request a copy.

I really did not did not know you guys had to do this to work given we are not even registered here in Australia. Registering with the GSCC was a nightmare and i know some people who did not even bother!

Guest Lee the badger

Thanks guys.

I did fairly well in all my degrees so if I can get that info I'll be laughing. I'll give them a buzz during the week.

• 2 months later...

I am also in the process of applying to AASW and have been e-mailing an officer who has been really helpful and e-mailed me straighht back - if you are still wanting some info I can let you have her name. I even telephoned and spoke to her and she was really helpful.

Archived