Looking to make friends in Brisbane

Hi! My name is Laura! I moved to brisbane last year with my boyfriend, and we're working on a 457 visa. We're gonna be here for at least another 1-2 years then carry on travelling the world! :-)

I'm 23, and i'm a nurse, working in the community and my boyfriend is also 23 and works in a printing factory. Its quite frustrating that we haven't made as many friends as we thought we would. I work solo, so i don't really meet anyone. And in my boyfriends job, everyone is really old apparently, lol. It can be a little lonely as i'm used to having girly get-togethers, and i know that my fella wants some guys to hang out with and do 'guy things'. - plus he's not the best shopping companion! ;-)

I just wondered if there is anyone in brisbane who could do with a new friend? Any girls who might like to go shopping, or for dinner or after work drinks, or even just hang out at the beach sometime, or any guys who like surfing/golf/fishing, or even if you're a couple in the same boat as us, we'd love to meet you! I'd also love to meet any other nurses out there to compare experiences as i have many questions! :-)

Thanks!!! Happy easter everyone!! xxx.

Guest katiered

Hi Laura I'm 25 and I am from England. I have moved over here for good. I was an RN in England :) I have been over here for a few years and still dont know many people either. I am in North Brissy :)

Hey, its so great to hear from you!! Do you work as an RN here too?? in hospital or community? You're finding it hard to make good friends too? I think the main problem is that most people i meet already have their friends because they grew up here so they're not looking to meet other people! I'm renting a house in Sherwood, that's like erm, south west brisbane? Whereabouts in north brisbane are you? xx.

Guest katiered

I am working as an AIN over here, I got a bit slack doing the paper work when I fell pregnant so stayed as an AIN. Yes its hard to meet people over here I find. I live in Chermside. We should catch up for some drinks or shopping xx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aleg
Hi! My name is Laura! I moved to brisbane last year with my boyfriend, and we're working on a 457 visa. We're gonna be here for at least another 1-2 years then carry on travelling the world! :-)

I'm 23, and i'm a nurse, working in the community and my boyfriend is also 23 and works in a printing factory. Its quite frustrating that we haven't made as many friends as we thought we would. I work solo, so i don't really meet anyone. And in my boyfriends job, everyone is really old apparently, lol. It can be a little lonely as i'm used to having girly get-togethers, and i know that my fella wants some guys to hang out with and do 'guy things'. - plus he's not the best shopping companion! ;-)

I just wondered if there is anyone in brisbane who could do with a new friend? Any girls who might like to go shopping, or for dinner or after work drinks, or even just hang out at the beach sometime, or any guys who like surfing/golf/fishing, or even if you're a couple in the same boat as us, we'd love to meet you! I'd also love to meet any other nurses out there to compare experiences as i have many questions! :-)

Thanks!!! Happy easter everyone!! xxx.

Hey guys,

My wife and I just moved to North Lakes (north of Brisbane, about 35 min) last week and are looking forward to meeting new friends.

We would love to go out for a drink or two sometime. We are also on a 457 visa and currently working in marketing and training.

Cheers

Alex

Guest LadySizzla

Hi girls. I'm in North Brisbane too (very near Chermside!) and friendless lol. My bf has loads of friends through work but I dont work so never get the chance to meet anyone. I'll be both of your friends lol. I hate shopping though, but always up for drinks. :-)

Guest LadySizzla
Hi aleg and ladysizzler! Would love to go for a drink sometime to meet up if you guys want to?

yeh sure! I'm game. wanna fix something up? pm me or add me on facebook or something and we could arrange a meet?

Guest aleg
yeh sure! I'm game. wanna fix something up? pm me or add me on facebook or something and we could arrange a meet?

We would definitely like to fix something up , what about going for a couple of drink sat 28th?

Guest LadySizzla
We would definitely like to fix something up , what about going for a couple of drink sat 28th?

that would be ok with me. anybody else?

Guest aleg

Hi Guys, checked with my wife and apparently we're going with the facebook brisbane group (Brisbannittes) to a meeting on the 28th. Don't know what time it finishes so any chance we can change the date or can meet you there? If you;re on facebook just go to the brisbannittes and send a friend request as it is a closed group. Then they accept and you get to see all the events coming up etc. Hope to see you there or we can make other arrangements. Sorry to change on you but got confused with my dates! See ya, Alex (&Adele)

Guest LadySizzla
Hi Guys, checked with my wife and apparently we're going with the facebook brisbane group (Brisbannittes) to a meeting on the 28th. Don't know what time it finishes so any chance we can change the date or can meet you there? If you;re on facebook just go to the brisbannittes and send a friend request as it is a closed group. Then they accept and you get to see all the events coming up etc. Hope to see you there or we can make other arrangements. Sorry to change on you but got confused with my dates! See ya, Alex (&Adele)

Thats ok Alex. I'm unsure of that night myself now. Best for me in the coming weeks would be weekdays - next week ideally (week beginning monday 23rd). I'll add the facebook group though.

Guest annettevharrison

Hi All, I am also feeling to pinch to meet cool people in brisbane! Moved here about a year and a half ago and am sponsored as a radiographer now. I live in newmarket. Would be great to have a big meet up and make some new buddies! Annette

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shanksy24

Hey All, I have just stumbled across your posts, I am 24 and have been living in Brisbane for 3 years, I am a permanent resident here and have really struggled to make any new pals.... I am from London England and would be really keen to meet up for a couple of drinks or some shopping if you are keen??

I live near Morningside, Brisbane, message me if your keen :)

Guest Shanksy24

Just thought that I should mention I am a female, my partner is from NZ and so he has a fair few pals here but I would love to make some girlfriends of my own, hang out, do some shopping, get excited over a new pair of shoes! that sort of thing...

Guest Shanksy24

Hi Laura

I just joined this group, I am also fairly new to Brisbane, over from London I live here permanently with my BF who is from NZ, would love to make some girlfriends, go shopping, do coffee, etc, I live over near morningside...

Charlie

Guest MandM29

Hi Laura,

Me and my boyfriend arrived in April after travelling for 6 months and are here on working holiday visas. Would be great to meet up with some friendly faces as we don't know anyone.

Is there a planned date for when people are meeting up? We live in Kangaroo Point which is south Brisbane. Let us know your facebook and I can message you if its easier.

Would suggest shopping but as I haven't found a job yet need to keep the spending to a minimum ;)

Cheers

Emma

Guest Shanksy24

Emma / Laura, add me as a friend on Facebook, Charlie-Marie Shanks and lets get together for a shopping day!

Charlie

Hey guys! I think i've added you on facebook...if not i've added some strangers! lol. The brisbannittes are having a ladies night out next saturday evening if you fancy it??? They're a group on facebook for us english to meet up and hang out, loads of different age ranges! Would be great to meet you all! By the way, if i haven't added you, and have in fact, added a complete stranger (lol) then add me on facebook, search for the email address lp517@york.ac.uk hope to hear from you guys soon! xx.

• 4 months later...

Archived