Jurien bay ? Anyone live in that area /opinions?

brideycollette

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hughielewis

it's a beautiful spot, 2 hours north of Perth, mainly fishing and tourism industry wise.

Loads of excellent beaches, a very good pie shop a decent sized supermarket (sort of town co-op size) and a few other useful shops. There's a very nice camping spot just north of town as well.

Size wise it's very small but growing and is somewhere i'd be happy to live, get yourself a 4wd and a small boat and you'll be in wonderland.

it's a beautiful spot, 2 hours north of Perth, mainly fishing and tourism industry wise.

Loads of excellent beaches, a very good pie shop a decent sized supermarket (sort of town co-op size) and a few other useful shops. There's a very nice camping spot just north of town as well.

Size wise it's very small but growing and is somewhere i'd be happy to live, get yourself a 4wd and a small boat and you'll be in wonderland.

Thanks Hughielewis ... i do like the look of it seems as it may be growing too by the plans they have online

Thanks !

Hi ,

Just wondered if anyone lives/lived.... or has visited Jurien bay .

Any Opinions about the area would be great .

I have researched about the housing and the population

Just would like some more honest good or bad thoughts about the bay

Thanks

Bridess x

Very small town with small town mentality. Driven by tourism and fishing. Have to come to Perth for any proper shopping. I love Jurien but it isn't the normal destination for migrants. My bestie owns a holiday rental up there that she has just renovated if you need somewhere to stay.

Very small town with small town mentality. Driven by tourism and fishing. Have to come to Perth for any proper shopping. I love Jurien but it isn't the normal destination for migrants. My bestie owns a holiday rental up there that she has just renovated if you need somewhere to stay.

Thanks Northernbird !

it just ticks all the boxes why we wanted to come to oz .... hubby hopefully will be FIFO ....

can i add you so i can message you about your friends holiday rental as soon as we get our visa ?

brides x

Thanks Northernbird !

it just ticks all the boxes why we wanted to come to oz .... hubby hopefully will be FIFO ....

can i add you so i can message you about your friends holiday rental as soon as we get our visa ?

brides x

Just keep an open mind. I am a country girl and I couldn't live there as much as I love it for a holiday. Please do add me, her rental is lovely. Newly renovated and beautifully done within walking distance to beach.

Just keep an open mind. I am a country girl and I couldn't live there as much as I love it for a holiday. Please do add me, her rental is lovely. Newly renovated and beautifully done within walking distance to beach.

Thanks northernbird ,

we are looking at travelling around for about 3 months anyhow ..looking at places .

:skeptical: we can sus the people out in the bay then lol

Brides x

Guest hughielewis

Just don't do too much driving around there at night, the coast road in either direction is Kamikaze Roo Country as soon as the sun starts to set. They're beautiful creatures until they decide bouncing into the road is the best form of escape.

Guest mandi1971
Just don't do too much driving around there at night, the coast road in either direction is Kamikaze Roo Country as soon as the sun starts to set. They're beautiful creatures until they decide bouncing into the road is the best form of escape.

lol at Kamikaze Roo hahaha that one i have to see :wink:

Mandi

:huh:nah that wouldn't be good lol :laugh:

thumbnail.aspx?q=891114886071&id=40ba43cae0b9c270409ef976bfd9b153&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.greatfunnypictures.com%2fpictures%2f4379-Nice-Jump-Kangaroo.jpg

• 1 month later...

went there for a holiday booked a week came home after 3 days...what a load of old ****....hated it...nothing to do if weather bad! dont like dogs...if youve got one you cant take it anywhere. all shops shut a 8 but they have got a Giant Jumping Pillow

Hi Brides,

How are you getting on?

Me and my OH stopped at Jurien bay when we were back packing in Nov 2007. Loved it. Beautiful beaches (enjoyed jumping off the pier) and very quiet. Didn't meet the locals, so can't comment on that. Yes - I remember the giant rainbow coloured jumping pillow - great fun. Welshman we were with managed to dislocate his arm on it -ahh those were the days! :) Would love to live there but probably no work for me or OH.

Hev xx

• 8 years later...

Hi.. My wife and I just bought a property in the Alte Mare Estate about 8kms from out of Jurien Bay town. I am a West Australian and been an overseas expat for more 30 years living in 8 different countries with my family. I used to come to Jurien Bay as a kid and we would camp behind the sand dunes. The swimming beaches are some of the best anywhere in Australia and the fishing is fantastic. It is our intention to retire there as we have a family home in Perth already. Our property has a large 3 bedroom home with a covered pool and BBQ area. Attached to the main house is a large workshop/shed 18m x 14m where I can keep my 40” motorhome bus and other toys. The shed also has a granny flat with a small kitchenette for any long term visitors. I’m stranded in Burkino Faso at the moment due to the COVID-19 pandemic shutting down borders around the world and stopping all air travel and hoping to be home by early July if everything returns to something normal. You will be welcome to stop and stay when you come there. Country living in Western Australia is not easy for someone coming from the UK as it is a different way of doing things. My wife is originally Asian and she has been an Aussie for more than 25 years. It’s always the first two years in Australia that is hard for new immigrants especially for women. Aussie women can come across as hard or tough shell and it is usually because Aussie men are buggers... I have lived all over the world with my family and there are some really wonderful, beautiful places, but there is a special place I have in Jurien Bay that is exceptional.

• Like 1