Hair products/beauty products/medicines

Guest thistles and gum trees

Hi,

I am busy packing up our bathrooms and have loads and loads of stuff I am not sure about. Can anyone tell me if its ok to take all of the above products if they have been opened?

Thank you.

All my medicines are going in my suitcase but I have a cardboard box of shower gels, shampoos, body sprays and stuff that goes in my container on Monday. The guy that did our inventory said this wasn't a problem.

I also have a box full of lady products - following The Jonzeys advice - because I know which I like and Mr B insisted I bought extra everytime we shopped for the last 3 months so that my supplies could last for a while at least!

Felicity:wubclub:

RE: Lady products - can we not get our favourites over there Cal? Not being specific - but - you cant fly in Aus without wings can you? And of the other...THE most famous brand - no joy down under????

Thanks

hiya,, no i didnt lock it ,they couldve opened the box if they wanted.Some things were open and some bottles/creams brand new (just wanted a few home comforts for when i arrived).

As for womens things you can buy Tampax,or De Jure compact(i think theyre called) both applicator style although the majority of tampons are applicator free a bit like lillettes.you can get pads with wings and i havnt had a problem with them ,Libra or Goodnights.

If you have kids id certainly bring some calpol either bottle or sachet as they dont do it here and its Panadol or Nurofen which my kids dont like.

Loreal do the same hair dyes as in the uk so any home dyers ,''your safe''.I do struggle finding hair mousse,seem to be more gels than anything.cant think of much else for now but feel free to ask if you do!!!

Cal x

Thanks so much Cal!!! Good info. Blessings, Sarah

Oh - one more - My OH is packing up our stuff from storage tomorrow. He is doing it in a depot a long way from home (hence he cannot remove things to sell or give away). Our stuff is being emptied from a storage container (that its been in for nearly 5 years) and packed straight into a container with Allied Pickfords. Question: Does he pull out and clean things like garden furniture and lawnmower and wooden bird table and tools and hope for the best that they're clean enough or just throw them away and avoid any charges??? Thanks.

I would clean the garden furniture and bring it if its decent as you can never have enough over here.Not too sure on lawnmower most people have sit on types and it would have to be mint to avoid any custom bills.Tools again have to be clean from grease but can look aged as hubbys were 20yrs old and got here ok ,,hope this helps

Cal x

thanks - the garden furniture is wooden - any thoughts? Also we have a piano - VERY old and in need of TLC but I was left it - any knowledge on that kind of thing?? thanks

The only wood i know that isnt allowed is un treated pine ,so you should be ok.Wooden sets are quite expensive so if its decent bring it.Dont know much about piano's ,cant see a problem but ask the shippers they are normally pretty good at telling you whats not allowed,,

Cal x

Guest old pom

I do struggle finding hair mousse,seem to be more gels than anything.cant think of much else for now but feel free to ask if you do!!!

Cal x

Try Joico Joiwhip Mousse from your friendly hairdressing salon

Guest Anna and Steve
hiya,, no i didnt lock it ,they couldve opened the box if they wanted.Some things were open and some bottles/creams brand new (just wanted a few home comforts for when i arrived).

As for womens things you can buy Tampax,or De Jure compact(i think theyre called) both applicator style although the majority of tampons are applicator free a bit like lillettes.you can get pads with wings and i havnt had a problem with them ,Libra or Goodnights.

If you have kids id certainly bring some calpol either bottle or sachet as they dont do it here and its Panadol or Nurofen which my kids dont like.

Loreal do the same hair dyes as in the uk so any home dyers ,''your safe''.I do struggle finding hair mousse,seem to be more gels than anything.cant think of much else for now but feel free to ask if you do!!!

Cal x

Hi, talking about women's things, any advice on contraception. I have the depo injection here that lasts for 3 months and no need for tampax. Do they have that in Oz and do you have to pay for it or is it free as it is in the UK?

Guest Anna and Steve
Hiya i use the pill and stockpiled loads,but i have been told by my Dr that birth control is not free here including the injection ,sorry

Cal x

Thanks for the info, I'll have to go back to the pill and take loads with me!!

Anna x

Archived