Removal Companies

scmercer

Hi

Can anyone recommend any good removal companies to ship from Adelaide to the UK? I have had an estimate from Wridgways which was $9000 for a 20ft container and $13000 for a 40 ft container, which seems a bit pricey. I was only budgeting for around $7000 and that hopefully would be for them to pack everything for us.

Thanks

Sheila

Hi

Can anyone recommend any good removal companies to ship from Adelaide to the UK? I have had an estimate from Wridgways which was $9000 for a 20ft container and $13000 for a 40 ft container, which seems a bit pricey. I was only budgeting for around $7000 and that hopefully would be for them to pack everything for us.

Thanks

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

I am in the process of moving back and I have been quoted the same prices as you have for a 20ft (one company was even more !)

Therefore, we have decided to sell everything at this end and are just taking 48 boxes back with us.

In the end, we went with 'Grace' - time will tell if we have made the best choice !

Good luck with the move

Guest chris955

We are taking the DIY approach, we are having a 20 foot container dropped at the house and left for 3 weeks then picked up and shipped to portside UK. I will do all customs clearance etc at the other end.

We have been quoted $2800 for that plus obviously what it costs us in the UK. I reckon that is very reasonable and well worth the effort for the savings.

We are using 'Across the Ocean' - nice honest bloke and about $6500 for a 20ft dropped off and picked up a few days later. We are packing all our own boxes and paying two guys to load everything. Works out about $1500 cheaper than Wridgeways, Aus Vanlines, Chess etc (Crace refused to even quote, saying it was illegal for us to pack our own boxes!).

ACT cover everything else - will deliver and unpack all our stuff in London. We need to insure for total loss but can't see the point in the exorbitant 'breakages' insurance the 'big guys' want you to take up.

Hi

Thanks

Sheila

We moved back from Adelaide last year and used Wridgeways. It cost us $7200 for a 20ft container that was them packing it and also delivery and unpacking this end. They were excellent too. We did get quite a few quotes and Wridgeways were not the cheapest, I think it was Crown or maybe Kent that were, although I went back to Wridgeways with the cheap quote and they matched it. Might be worth getting a couple more quotes and then haggling between them.

Good luck

Archived