Proof of Permanent Residency Visa

janieco

I would be most grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction to obtain proof that my family were granted permanent residency back in 1974. My parents are applying for their Australian pension as my dad recently retired and Centre Link now want this info. My family has resided full time in Australia since they arrived here in 1974, thanks in advance, janieco :smile:

Guest siamsusie

Hi which state are you in please?

The electoral roll should have many details... albeit on Microfiche.

http://www.naa.gov.au/about-us/publications/fact-sheets/fs119.aspx

Fact sheet 119 – Commonwealth electoral rolls held in Brisbane ...sacore:green.gif

The Archives can provide a certified copy from a roll, which can be used as evidence for proof of residency in Australia. Certified copies are provided ...

Guest siamsusie

Bobj a regular member here on PIO probably arrived during this time frame, he would have a very good idea as well being a lad living in the lap of luxury now:biggrin:

I don't know if this is of any help, but when i was applying for my Former Resident Visa in 1999, when i eventually had to prove i had never left Australia in the 11 years of living there, they asked me to contact Canberra House. They keep all records of when people arrived and their status in Australia. I was resident from 1966 and they had the proof i needed, so they may be able to help you. Good Luck!

Archived