ACT State sponsorship timeline anyone?

Guest zacksl

Guest zacksl

Hi Everyone!!!!:biggrin:

Does anyone have any idea how long ACT state sponsorship is taking currently??

Looked around various threads but couldn't find any updates on this.... or is everyone just avoiding going to ACT???? :chatterbox:

Share your info with us so we can all breathe a sigh of relief if state sponsorships are coming through fast.

Take Care

Zack

Thanks for posting this I would love to know the same! We waiting on Vetassess should know this week and as soon as we do (because we will get it :-) have to be positive) we will send ACT SS in!

We were at a seminar in Dublin a couple of months ago and they were processing them within 30 days we hoping they still doing the same so that we can meeet the July 1st deadline however I would love to hera from others who have gone through it in last few months and also how long did the actual visa take to come through?

Guest zacksl

Hi There!

Just got my Positive Assessment from Vetassess btw... As for the SS from ACT, a mate of mine had his application for sponsorship rejected within 1 1/2 months. Seems like ACT is quite strict with their approvals! Let's hope there are people out there who had Positive assessments or those who are awaiting on one will update us asap.

Cheers

Hi There!

Just got my Positive Assessment from Vetassess btw... As for the SS from ACT, a mate of mine had his application for sponsorship rejected within 1 1/2 months. Seems like ACT is quite strict with their approvals! Let's hope there are people out there who had Positive assessments or those who are awaiting on one will update us asap.

Cheers

Congrats on your Vetassess were you waiting long? Are you ready to proceeed with your SS for ACT now? What a a shame about your friend any idea as to why he didnt get it? Was his occupation on the OPEN list? They did tell us at seminar that they only have something like 850 SS visas to give out this year what I dont know though is that for year 2011 or is it up to when the new conditions come out in July 2011 maybe someone knows the answer to this?

Goood luck with your SS for ACT and hope to apply very soon myself!

Hi Everyone!!!!:biggrin:

Does anyone have any idea how long ACT state sponsorship is taking currently??

Looked around various threads but couldn't find any updates on this.... or is everyone just avoiding going to ACT???? :chatterbox:

Share your info with us so we can all breathe a sigh of relief if state sponsorships are coming through fast.

Take Care

Zack

Hi Zack

Here are the processing times from the website:

Application Processing Times for 'Completed'

Visa Applications

PROCESSING OF COMPLETE APPLICATIONS

A 'complete' applications includes all the required forms, fee and supporting documents when it is lodged. A checklist of required documents is at Attachment C in the application guidelines.

Applications which are submitted 'incomplete' will be recommended for refusal.

PRIORITY OF PROCESSING

Complete applications will generally be processed within 60 working days. Applicants should note that this timeframe may vary depending on demand.

Please do not contact the SBM Unit to enquire about the progress of the applications unless the delay is beyond the published processing dates below.

CURRENT PROCESSING DATES:

We are currently assessing complete applications received by the SBM Unit on:

• Subclass 176 / 886 visas: 17 January 2011

• Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme: 1 March 2011

Business and Industry Development - Application Processing Times

I think they update it pretty regularly

Suzanne

Guest zacksl

Thanks Suzanne...

Will keep monitoring the website.

Sadly it sounds as though most of us who just applied or are hoping to apply will miss the June 30th Deadline before the rules of the game change again!

Wow.. it's going to be a mad scramble towards the end of this deadline. Good luck everyone!

I wonder how long SA is taking, as my category is also on that List!

Thanks Suzanne...

Will keep monitoring the website.

Sadly it sounds as though most of us who just applied or are hoping to apply will miss the June 30th Deadline before the rules of the game change again!

Wow.. it's going to be a mad scramble towards the end of this deadline. Good luck everyone!

I wonder how long SA is taking, as my category is also on that List!

No problem Zack - I know how that feels about the changes - we were in the same boat last May and there was a lot of talk here before the SMP's went ahead. We didnt lodge and had to wait until November to see if we were still on the skills list and luckily enough we were. I know ACT dont like you to apply for any other state if you are applying for the ACT - in actual fact I dont think any of the states are fans of this.

Hopefully your SS is approved soon. Are you thinking of heading over this year?

Suzanne

Guest zacksl

Well Suzanne it all depends on how fast i get my ss & then Visa, but it if i was given a choice i would hop on a flight & head over there tomorrow. I'm single & have no commitments as such so it's a lot less complicated for me.... But realistically it looks like somewhere next year looking at the processing times for ss176 visa's which are under Cat2.

Are you guys there already?? How are you finding it?

Well Suzanne it all depends on how fast i get my ss & then Visa, but it if i was given a choice i would hop on a flight & head over there tomorrow. I'm single & have no commitments as such so it's a lot less complicated for me.... But realistically it looks like somewhere next year looking at the processing times for ss176 visa's which are under Cat2.

Are you guys there already?? How are you finding it?

Yeah thats true - we thought we would be there by now aswell - We are still in Dublin but are flying to Oz on May 31st - we are getting married in Ireland before we leave - As soon as I get there I will give a report on how we are finding it:biggrin:

Good luck with the SS and I hope it goes well for you

Suzanne

Guest zacksl

wow congratulations! That sounds like a proper adventure, get married & head off to a strange land to start off your new life... best luck to both of you! :)

Keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest catchsvix

Dear experts, the processing times listed on the ACT official website haven't been updated in more than a month now. It still shows that applications lodged on/before Jan 17, 2011 are being considered now.

Do they update the times after every 60 working days (the supposed time taken to get an application processed) or something? Please help us understand this...

Thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zacksl

I'm almost certain now that i would personally be missing the deadline to apply under the old points system. At the moment it seems ACT is moving soo.... slowly! A bit frustrating.... in comparison South Australia which i've been monitoring is really motoring along with most SS approved within 6 to 8 weeks. Some even have got it in like 5 weeks.... Doesn't seem that ACT is too keen... or could mean that they are just a lot tougher in the approval process!!

I'm almost certain now that i would personally be missing the deadline to apply under the old points system. At the moment it seems ACT is moving soo.... slowly! A bit frustrating.... in comparison South Australia which i've been monitoring is really motoring along with most SS approved within 6 to 8 weeks. Some even have got it in like 5 weeks.... Doesn't seem that ACT is too keen... or could mean that they are just a lot tougher in the approval process!!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/113953-act-canberra-state-sponsorship-where-you-now-new-post.html

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Zachs - you probably don't need a reply so late now, but in case others find this thread and are wondering what the latest processing times look like I can give an indication based on my own personal experience.

For ACT ss I was advised to do police checks and medicals and ensure that it was a 'completed application' so DIAC would have everything within the 28 days.

I followed that advice and believe it or not, got approval within 33 days from application!!! (is this a record?)

I was more than amazed so am over for a job-hunting expedition for a couple of weeks less than a month later - it's fast, but thought why wait (and we can always tie loose ends up in UK afterwards)? We're still a bit astounded that everything is happening so fast, but all-in-all excellent :)

All the best to everyone else! Hope you get as amazing a case officer as I had!

Kind regards

Archived