Group 3 to Group 4

zionking

Hi all, first poster here :) Be nice to me, I have been waiting since Dec 2009.

Just one question - I have been periodically receiving email from aspc.processing on the status, and just wanted to clarify the following:

"Priority Group 4 cases will be allocated once all Priority Group 3 are allocated."

As an onshore applicant in cateogry 4 (I am 886 fam sponsored) - will I have to wait untill ALL priority group 3 including offshore applicants are finalised before priority group 4 onshore gets look in?

Guest mirob
Hi all, first poster here :) Be nice to me, I have been waiting since Dec 2009.

Just one question - I have been periodically receiving email from aspc.processing on the status, and just wanted to clarify the following:

"Priority Group 4 cases will be allocated once all Priority Group 3 are allocated."

As an onshore applicant in cateogry 4 (I am 886 fam sponsored) - will I have to wait untill ALL priority group 3 including offshore applicants are finalised before priority group 4 onshore gets look in?

Yeah, that's the way it's supposed to work ...

I was wondering because the charter on DIAC website has them separated in two rows as shown below:

Processing times – GSM applications affected by processing priorities

The below table describes the processing times for the following visa subclasses.

Visa subclass

Priority group 1

Priority group 2

Priority group 3

Priority group 4

ENS/RSMS Service Standards

See: Visas for migration to Australia – as a skilled sponsored worker or business person Six months from date of lodgement Applications lodged before 1 July 2010: finalised by 1 July 2011.

Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 months from date of lodgement. Assessment of cases will commence once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.

ENS/RSMS Service Standards

See: Visas for migration to Australia – as a skilled sponsored worker or business person 12 months from date of lodgement Applications lodged prior to 1 July 2010: finalised by 31 December 2011.

Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement. Assessment of cases will commence once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.

Guest mirob

the charter is pretty old but yeah, hopefully they'll process onshore P4 applications quicker.

What I think you'll start to see is that when they clear up the backlog of onshore P3 applications they start to allocate COs to onshore P4 applications even though they'll still be processing offshore P3 applications.

I'm no expert by any means but they themselves know they have to clear the backlog at some stage. However, they know that the longer they stretch it the less applicants there will be to process - many P4 applicants are leaving the country as we speak - out of misery.

Yeah that's how I am thinking as well, hence asking the original question heh.

If onshores are separately done to offshore I would have a lot less P3 backlog in front of me waiting - 886/885 are on Oct 2010 compared to 175/176 July 2009 for offshore

Since the cap for the family-sponsored GSM (886) per year is a lot less than the independent GSM (885) if onshore is processed before offshore it would greatly enhance timeline for my application and other onshore.

Hey,

My opinion is that once they finish onshore P3 they will move on to offshore P3. When they start P4, the onshore group will be processed faster especially if the visa was lodged online (they introduced online applications because they were meant to be processed faster than paper based applications) and I think there are less onshore applications than offshore. I am not sure when the department started accepting online applications but from what I can remember it was just before I lodged my application mid 2009.

The rate at which DIMIA seems to be proceeding with regards to P3 applications:

onshore: approximately 7 weeks of applications/fortnight

offshore: approximately 5 weeks of applications/fortnight

This might be due to offshore applications being > onshore applications at this stage.

Looks like late 2011 is the time for P4.

Would love to know how it happened from Priority group 2 to 3 - anybody has an old aspc.gsm email on this by any chance? If we know how this went it would be a good indicator as to how group 3 to 4 would go about, even if it's different kind of visa subclasses altogether.

Any agents input would be awesome too :)

Guest mirob
Would love to know how it happened from Priority group 2 to 3 - anybody has an old aspc.gsm email on this by any chance? If we know how this went it would be a good indicator as to how group 3 to 4 would go about, even if it's different kind of visa subclasses altogether.

Any agents input would be awesome too :)

P3 applications started to be allocated COs when P2's backlog was clearing up. In January 2011 there were barely any P3 applications being processed, in Feb P3 was processed along with P2 and in March P3 was fairly dominant, so it is obvious there are not too many P2 applications coming in as we speak.

Onshore P3 will get cleared up within the next 2 months. There's only a 6 month backlog and they've been processing roughly 7 week backlogs every 2 weeks.

Onshore P3 will get cleared up within the next 2 months. There's only a 6 month backlog and they've been processing roughly 7 week backlogs every 2 weeks.

^^^^ This is exactly why I am (wishing, sorry to all offshore peeps :/) posing my original thread question =D

I knew 2 Cat4,visa 176 WA sponsor, off shore applicants got CO recently.

Majorie is a brand ambassador of those two cat 4 applicants who got the case officer:biggrin:

He is promoting these two guys on each and every thread of POMSINOZ....Good..

But I am afraid truth is that they are not processing category 4 applicants according to their auto reply mail. They are only processing cat2 and cat3 applicants. I am afraid more bad news is that they are not even looking at the family sponsored applicants.

Guest majorie c
Majorie is a brand ambassador of those two cat 4 applicants who got the case officer:biggrin:

He is promoting these two guys on each and every thread of POMSINOZ....Good..

But I am afraid truth is that they are not processing category 4 applicants according to their auto reply mail. They are only processing cat2 and cat3 applicants. I am afraid more bad news is that they are not even looking at the family sponsored applicants.

Ha ha ha, VJ.... not really promoting.... Just share the good news!!! Cat 4 needs some "good news" the cheer them up......:biggrin:

Guest zaske

in contrast to cat2 that are dependent on the annually SMP plans, cat3 applicants do not depend on them, so they can lodge visa applications (i.e 175 visa request) any time they want.

I've been on cat4 for a very short time myself, and had my occupation re-assessed to cat3 one, but this was prior to my visa application request. Maybe , if possible you should start re-assessment to a cat3 occupation, and then - if it is successful, u should file a new application (yes, i know it costs money, but frankly, I stick to the text, and I think that cat4 is going to be an extremely long wait, or DIAC's way to say - if you can't get into SMP (cat2) - forget about your app.

Archived