Much Advice needed - please

Misplaced

Hi All,

I was born in Adelaide and moved here with my parents and I am now considering moving back with my family.

We are in the early stages of considering the move but I do plan to get my kids Australian Citizenship and then Oz passports.

The High Commission has advised the above and that my wife could come on a Partner Visa.

We are lookig to move to the Adelaide area as I still have friends there - now for the questions -

What is employment like there at the moment - this is our main cause for concern?

How hard is it to arrange all the moving etc.?

Can electrical equipment bought here work in SA?

My Mother-in-Law will also be joining - do you know how easy it would be for to join us?

Any other advice you can give would be welcome.

Have a look on seek.com for jobs in Adelaide, hard to comment without knowing anything about you but I don't think the unemployment situation is as bad in Australia as it is in UK. Something crops up for everyone in the end, but you would need to make sure you have sufficient funds to tide you over for a few months minimum.

I arranged my move in less than three weeks after we found jobs. That includes a hosue and two cats, but no children to organise at least, which I am sure would have made things a lot harder. Electrical equipment works over here.

On what basis would your MIL be joining you? She can't just decide to join you and it is done, she needs to qualify for a visa unless she is an Australian citizen. Have you looked into parent visas?

Archived