How many have succeeded in getting a job in Oz whilst not in the country?

Guest DavidW

Guest DavidW

:confused:Who out there has been successful (recently rather than a few years ago) in landing a job in Oz whilst not in the country?

I have a skilled independent visa and am a Civil/Environmental Engineer with good experience in the water and renewable energy industries. My experience with agencies has been rather disappointing and recent direct applications don't seem to get past the first hurdle (probably time to get someone to tweak that CV).

I'd like to make the move, and time is running on, but wife and family would like the reassurance of having a job to go to.

Anyone got any top tips on landing that job whilst not yet in Oz?

Guest roaminnomore

Hubby applied after we got 176 visa and stated that we had it in the opening paragraph. Further, Skilled Migration told me to mention all key words from the job description in an opening letter. Sorry can't be of any help but keep plugging I know there are some on here that have succeeded from outside of Auz. Ley x

Some people might manage it, but I think the majority need to be in the country. I tested the water a couple of times before we moved and generaly the feedback was to come back when you have a definite date for moving over.

In the end we decided to combine job hunting with the visa validation trip, we made it look like this was the permanent move, although in reality it might not have been. We both lined up interviews for our arrival and at the end of two weeks we both had job offers, so went back to UK, packed up and moved over. So what I am trying to say, is, if you don't want to take the plunge without a job to go to, can you take a holiday and job hunt then. Most employers will want to see you in person.

Archived