Hard To Find Rental Around Gold Coast?

Guest traybears

Guest traybears

HI,FROM WHAT I READ ON PIO, IS IT QUITE HARD TO FIND A RENTAL (4 BED,2 BATH) OUTER BRISBANE?IS THERE NOT MANY AROUND?THANKS,TRACY.:wideeyed::wideeyed:

They are getting scarcer but persevre and you'll get there ,ive just secured some in the last few months for clients and have had no problems ,some areas are harder than others and realestate.com isnt a very good guide with rentals as half of them on the site have already been taken.we found it easier to traipse around all the agents covering the area you fancy,,dont be disheatrened you'll get something

Cal x

Guest fatpom
HI,FROM WHAT I READ ON PIO, IS IT QUITE HARD TO FIND A RENTAL (4 BED,2 BATH) OUTER BRISBANE?IS THERE NOT MANY AROUND?THANKS,TRACY.:wideeyed::wideeyed:

Generally speaking (I believe?) its not true about the rental market shortage. Of course there will always be a shortage in some areas now & again but the real estate industry likes to talk up rents as well as house prices especially when the housing market flattens. Estate agents prefer to sell real estate to investors because the more rentals there are the more they make... property management is an ongoing cash cow.

Provided you're reasonably turned out when you go looking you will find something. Young singles find it harder than older couples. Childless easier than families, non smokers easier than smokers & no pets before pets. Simple as that really.

We have been here nearly 2 weeks and have found there is lots of rentals, the quality is a different matter. There are less 4 beds I have noticed and the ones which are available seem to be off the beaten track which for us would have meant 2 cars which we didnt want. We have looks at lots of 3 bed places approx 2 per day and have narrowed it down now to the area etc. Before we left I thought they were quite cheap but once you get here it depends on the area. We are looking around Varsity Lakes, Robina areas are for a 3 bed duplex you will pay $350-380 for decent one, 4 beds seem to be nearer $400 here. I have noticed if we moved maybe 15 minutes drive from here Merrimac type area the rentals seem to be cheaper.

Em x

Guest traybears

HI,THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES.WE'D BE LOOKING FOR 4 BED/2 BATH AND WE'D GET 2 CARS ANYWAY.AT THE MOMENT WE LIVE ON A COUNCIL ESTATE (BUT WE OWN OUR HOUSE)WHICH IS QUITE NICE (MOST OF THE TIME).BUT AS LONG AS ITS A PRETTY GOOD AREA FOR KIDS WE'D BE HAPPY.WANT TO BUY ONCE WE KNOW THE AREAS.DO NOT SMOKE AND HAVE NO PETS.(LEAVING MY CAT WITH A GOOD FRIEND).CAL,I SEE YOU SAID YOU LOOK FOR HOUSES FOR CLIENTS,ARE YOU AN ESTATE AGENT?COULD MAYBE HELP US NEARER THE TIME (APRIL/MAY).PROBLY WOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT A POOL UNTIL WE BUY,THEN HOPEFULLY BUILD ONE.THANKS,TRACY.XX.

Archived