D.I.Y. State sponsorship?

Ali&Paul

I was just wondering how easy or difficult it is to try and get state sponsorship on our own? We already have an agent and they have quoted us an extra £250 for the extra work involved, that price was haggled down from their origional price of over £700!

Just trying to save some money but is it worth it or will it be less hassle to just get agent to do it?

We are Aug 09 applicants, 175 cat 4 so thinking SA state sponsor will speed us up?

Thank you, Alison.

I was just wondering how easy or difficult it is to try and get state sponsorship on our own? We already have an agent and they have quoted us an extra £250 for the extra work involved, that price was haggled down from their origional price of over £700!

Just trying to save some money but is it worth it or will it be less hassle to just get agent to do it?

We are Aug 09 applicants, 175 cat 4 so thinking SA state sponsor will speed us up?

Thank you, Alison.

Alison,

Well, it's definitely not impossible to go for DIY as far as SA SS (state sponsorship) is concerned.

Guess they too have an online app as Vic does (which I've applied for). Just entering the details about you/your family including passport info, education and other qualifications, skills assessment details, funds available, DIAC 175 visa details including TRN, etc., which isn't that big a deal.

Previously, I've seen someone asking here about the same situation. The problem was she too had an agent who refused to file the SS app for SA and bluntly said if she applies on her own and eventually succeeds, they'll be fine with it. The crux of the problem was - she didn't have the TRN and the agent wasn't ready to help. Disgusting, I know. :wacko:

Make suure you've the TRN before you take the plunge.

Have you had a look at the documentation they need to assess your app, particularly your occupation? And go through the funds requirement as well. If you feel comfortable going through the Migration SA website, then just go for it and save some bucks. :cute:

Good luck!! :hug:

armandra!

Archived