hi still quite new need some1 to talk 2

Guest matt1010

Guest Gollywobbler
need some 1 to talk 2:smile::smile::smile:

Hi again, lovey

I have just noticed that you are posting in the Younger Ones section.

How old are you, poppet? Are you worried about moving to Oz?

Hugz

Gill

xx

Guest The Boultons

Hi Matt,

My name is will and I'm 11. We are supposed to be moving to Nothern Perth early next year, if my dad gets his tra accepted and a visa.

I'm very nervous about moving too. I have a brother who is 8 and is really excited about going but I'm just starting high school here and will have to leave and start again. Mum is finding out about good schools for us. I've heard u get 2 do pe on the beach. That sounds cool.

When we first started thinking about going to oz I posted a thread about being nervous and sum kids posted back saying that they had got on real well, everyone wants to be your friend cause u talk differently - I hope they are friendly.

I'm into cricket, football and golf - wot r u into?

Post back - Will

Guest matt1010

yes i know bummer we both leave our friends shame did u know tat when u do go to oz if u do tat u go down a year in school unfair year 6 again :arghh: owww well speak soon mat.......:chatterbox:

Guest The Boultons

Thats well out of order.

R U back 2 school yet? we go back next tuesday.

We live in Surrey where are you living? Do you know where u r going to live when you get out there?

Guest matt1010

my mum did and if u r in year 7 u go down a year so u will be in year 6 ok unfair year 6 all over again:arghh::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Guest The Boultons

wot team u support - me n my dad r spurs. Got tickets to see them for their 125 yr game against aston villa. r u into football or any other sports? I like playing cricket and golf too.

We are seeling all our old toys n stuff so we can get a ps3 when we get out to oz. My brother wants to buy a dog.

Bummer about having to do yr 6 again. Do you think the lessons will the same and will we have to do stats again.

Will

Guest matt1010

hi yer im into footy 2 i soport man u it's cool u got tickets to see a live game !!!!!!!!!!:cool::yes::cool::yes:

Hiya boys ,,stop worrying you dont always go down a year.My son was in yr3 in the uk and had done his first term when we moved here.The oz school put him straight into yr4 meaning he only ever did a few weeks of yr3 and skipped the rest,,so keep smiling its not all bad.He loves it here now has is own motorbike to play on and made loads of new friends,he leaves on wed for his first school camp,loads of activites for them do and he's really looking forward to it,,Oz isnt such a bad place after all,lol

Cal x

Hi Guys,

Well I can tell you about my 2 children - my daughter is 12 now and my son will be 8 in a few weeks. In the UK my daughter started high school in the september and loved it and was a bit worried that year 7 here was the last year of primary school. We timed it so we could arrive in January so she could start the school year when everyone else did, - she had a big party in December to say goodbye to all her friends. Both my children stayed in the same year as the UK so my daughter is in year 7 and my son in year 2.

The other thing we did, (which your mum and dad can do), was to contact the school the children would be going to. The principle got my daughter a pen-pal who she corresponded to by email and msn before we arrived, she was able to chat on msn to other people who would be in her class and she looked forward to meeting all these people on her first day.

Everyone was friendly and here in Aus they make a really big thing of leaving year 7, they do special leavers tops (so you stand out from the rest of the school), there's going to be a disco at the local golf club and lots of fun things. Because new people are coming to Australia all the time - you never seem to be the new kid at school for long.

It is hard leaving your friends behind - do talk to your mum and dad about how you're feeling - I'll bet that they're feeling exactly the same way too I know I was scared, leaving my old friends, not knowing anyone in Perth, starting a new job etc., which I know were all the things my children felt.

Let me know how you're getting on

Ali

Guest maz&jon

so if im 12 on the 21st of december 2007 and we get 2 oz in january do u think i will go 2 high school or have 2 do year 6 again.

speak soon, jamie.

Guest The Boultons

I don't care really - just want to know if we really going or not - my mum and dad are working hard to get us there:)

• 1 month later...

Archived