Validating question

kellyjamie

Hi,

Question please, providing our visa is granted can someone answer this?

Were going to Hobart, (Tas ss) but we were thinking of taking the opportunity to visit our best friends in Brisbane first, so can we land in Brisbane to validate visit our friends for a couple of weeks then head down to Hobart?

Thanks

Guest siamsusie

Hi Kelly

Yes that fine... there is no international airport in Tasmania... any Int. Airport is fine.

susie x

Guest stayer
Hi,

Question please, providing our visa is granted can someone answer this?

Were going to Hobart, (Tas ss) but we were thinking of taking the opportunity to visit our best friends in Brisbane first, so can we land in Brisbane to validate visit our friends for a couple of weeks then head down to Hobart?

Thanks

I think you can go there and stay there :) However, I would go to Tassie first just because of showing respect to those who gave you the sponsorship. Do you have a job in Tassie? Why do you need to go to Hobart?

Guest siamsusie
I think you can go there and stay there :) However, I would go to Tassie first just because of showing respect to those who gave you the sponsorship. Do you have a job in Tassie? Why do you need to go to Hobart?

Hi Stayer,

Kelly would have to fly into an international airport, Brisbane is Kelly's peference due to having friends there, so she can validate her visa there. She cannot fly directly into Tasmania from overseas.

:wubclub:Susie x

Thanks SS, i actually didnt even realise that so im glad i asked, id assume that most people usually go via Melbourne and thats where they,ll validate.

I honestly didnt know that suse, thats quite interesting as i didnt know Hobart wasnt international, we had originally thought of going to perth to visit family, then over to brisbane to see our friends and then down to Hobart just make an initial holiday of it befor we settle into Hobart, but it was working out quite expensive so now were just going to go to Brisbane for a couple of weeks

Thanks again x

Guest siamsusie
Thanks SS, i actually didnt even realise that so im glad i asked, id assume that most people usually go via Melbourne and thats where they,ll validate.

I honestly didnt know that suse, thats quite interesting as i didnt know Hobart wasnt international, we had originally thought of going to perth to visit family, then over to brisbane to see our friends and then down to Hobart just make an initial holiday of it befor we settle into Hobart, but it was working out quite expensive so now were just going to go to Brisbane for a couple of weeks

Thanks again x

No worries Kelly,

You can validate at any port in Australia (including sea port) where there is Customs & Immigration.

We only have Quarantine Inspectors here in Tasmania. There is also a DIAC office in central Hobart....

Brisbane will be a lovely break before finally getting settled here in Tasmania. There are a sprinkling of new comers on PIO who have arrived/arriving in Hobart/Launceston area now, so you are not alone.

Sunshine Smile is due her "arrival report" soon:wink:.

Hoping you are well and happy Kelly.

love Susie x

Thanks SS,

yep all well here we had our meds on friday, weve been really side tracked for the past few weeks since getting our case officer as theyve been requesting info on the non migrating child issue with not getting meds etc so weve been quite stressed with that as weve had to use a lawyer etc so ive not been on the site much, but all well otherwisw as the issue is pretty much sorted now

k x

Archived