Coming to Sydney area - Good, Bad & Ugly

ms2oz

Thanks Joebloggs - much appreciated. We have started to look here as well now. Sorry to come back with yet another question but I it easy enough to commute to the CBD from all parts of the Hills? I keep hearing that public transport is great but having lived in the UK for 37 years I'm still a bit dubious!

Well I don't commute in that direction myself, but I hear there is a decent City bus service from here. Neighbours catch it every day, takes about 1 hour. Check out this site...

CDCBus - Timetables & Maps

The government are also promising to build a train link but of course that is some way off yet. Sure someone else will have more specific info for you.

Its all so hard from there isn't it, I do feel for you, so here's a hug to keep you going :hug:

Yeah it's a great bus service my OH gets it daily $34 for 10 trips ($6.80 daily)

HillsBus & more recently the State Transit Metro bus (the Red metro bus)

610X from Baulkham Hills takes about 45 min and about 1 h from Castle Hill.

There talk of/is going be a high speed underground light railway in the future. They been talking about this for 20 years I believe ......but the Libs got elected last week and O'Farrell promised to start the planning within the first 100 days of office.

Guest Aiken Drum

Excellent, that doesn't sound too bad (my current commute is an hour and a half but I was hoping to leave that behind me!).

Thanks again for the help (and the hug!!)

$4.5k per child plus books etc (so, say $5k each).

$15k a year, rising to $20k in a couple of years time..... ouch!

That's starting to make things look impossible if I'm honest.

How do you pay? Is it taken monthly or are you obliged to pay the full whack upfront every year?

Appreciate the help!

Hi there,

We have PR and my daughter attends a catholic school, we have some friends from the UK whose son also goes to the school they are on a 457, and because catholic schools are independent they just pay the same fees as everyone else, the first terms fees were $800 term two and three will be the same but term four is slightly cheaper I think around $500. some of the catholic schools are not so strict about your children having been baptised but they would have to participate in masses etc, that may be a cheaper alternative for you.

Apologies if someone has already posted something similar I haven't read the whole thread.

Excellent, that doesn't sound too bad (my current commute is an hour and a half but I was hoping to leave that behind me!).

Thanks again for the help (and the hug!!)

Thats rush hour, off peak shave 15 minutes of the above.

Also driving to the city is handy enough if required (ie. weekends), only about 25 mins. Tolls are costly tho.

• 2 years later...

Hello Kaylee,

​Just doing an update to my post and realised I never replied to anyone - only go on the site about once per year, did you come over ? and how are you getting on ?

Archived