457's - Can a secondary holder become the primary holder??

mj&db

My husband is struggling to find (decent) work where we live now and may (???) have the option of a job elsewhere! If my husband (who is currently the secondary holder on our 457) found a company that could sponsor him could he be transferred as the primary holder on our current one or we would we need to apply from scratch as it would be for a completely different job?

The guidance states that 457 visa holders who want to change sponsors or nominated positions (within the validity of their current visa) will not be required to apply for a new Subclass 457 visa.....guessing that would only apply to main holder?

I´m sure that applies to the main holder of the 457, if you now want your husband to get sponsorship it would have to be a new visa under his name and nominated position. I don´t know if yours would then have to be cancelled?

I´m sure that applies to the main holder of the 457, if you now want your husband to get sponsorship it would have to be a new visa under his name and nominated position. I don´t know if yours would then have to be cancelled?

Yeah that's how I read it but thought I would check in case anyone knows any different. Just a hypothetical situation at the moment but worth knowing in case he cannot find anything here / something happens to my job....the list could be endless!

Archived