I need some advice if anyone can help - Primary School Teacher

joescan

Hi,

I'm after some advice if there is anyone who can help?

I emigrated to perth back in Sept 2009..all done good job..:)

My half sister back in the UK wants to emmigate, she is 25 and has a degree and is a primary school teacher. she makes 120 points I reckon and will do the IELTS if needs be.

She has been told today the only way she will get in is on a sponsored visa and the only place available to her is South Australia?

I thought she would be able to apply to come to WA on an skilled independant visa 175, but I can't see Primary School teacher on the SOL? Surely not? She said she has been working in the UK as a Reception Teacher which is a Pre Primary Teacher in Australia.

Could she apply for an off list nomination to WA?

Please can anyone help if they have any information as I'm starting to get confused.

Thanks for your help

Rebecca

Hi,

I'm after some advice if there is anyone who can help?

I emigrated to perth back in Sept 2009..all done good job..:)

My half sister back in the UK wants to emmigate, she is 25 and has a degree and is a primary school teacher. she makes 120 points I reckon and will do the IELTS if needs be.

She has been told today the only way she will get in is on a sponsored visa and the only place available to her is South Australia?

I thought she would be able to apply to come to WA on an skilled independant visa 175, but I can't see Primary School teacher on the SOL? Surely not? She said she has been working in the UK as a Reception Teacher which is a Pre Primary Teacher in Australia.

Could she apply for an off list nomination to WA?

Please can anyone help if they have any information as I'm starting to get confused.

Thanks for your help

Rebecca

She has to apply for the visa on what she is assessed by AITSL (or whatever accronym it is), which is what her PGCE is in, from what you say Primary Teacher (rather than the pre-primary that she is working as currently)? It was taken off the SOL schedule 3 last time I believe, but is still on the schedule 4, which yes, means she can apply for SS (176) , as long as its on the SMP, which it is for SA, don't know about other states so can't comment.

The requirement to live in that state is only for 2 years though, and SA is next to WA surely? :biglaugh:

I don't know huge amounts about these visas, I thought off list was only if you were already living in Australia? :goofy:

Hope some of that helps.

Archived