physiotherapy opportunites

Guest SunnyDawn71

Guest SunnyDawn71

Hi,

I am 36 years old and hoping for a career in physiotherapy. I have noticed this is a job in demand in Australia.

Would I have a better chance of emigration if I study in Australia rather than Britain.

Is physiotherapy in demand in Brisbane/Gold Coast?

Please help

xxx:cute::smile::v_SPIN:

Hi there!

My daughter is coming up 21 and is hoping to study Physio In Oz when she moves over with us in Jan. She has applied to the Griffth Uni and Queensland Uni. Courses are 5 years at the Griffith (encompasses a Sports Science degree also) and 4 years at Queensland. She says the 3 year ones in the UK do not qualify you to work overseas (would need additonal study) whereas the Aussie ones do which is why she is opting to study it here (all being well - just waiting on offers).

Its expensive but if you can, her advice would be to do it I am sure. (There are plenty of other uni's in Oz offering courses and costs do vary). No worries about demand thats for sure. Along with hospitals there are private physios everywhere! Given the outdoor life I imagine there is definately a bigger need!

If you've got any more questions ask away and we'll try to help.

Lyn x

Guest SunnyDawn71

Thanks for your great advice.

I have looked into the universities in queensland and have heard queensland uni is excellent.

the only problem I have is the finance as it proves to be very expensive to study over there, but would be the best option.

You must let me know how she gets on with her applications.

I am a mature student so I must do my research to ensure I am taking the appropriate courses in Britain to enable me entry in the universities over there if I do get to a stage where I can finance it.

Can they provide student accommodation? The problem I have is that I have a 6 year old daughter, do they have student accommodation for students with children or would I need to rent privately? All this I know I will have to research.

Good luck with her applications. Fingers crossed for her

Dawn

xx:smile::smile:

Hi,

I am 36 years old and hoping for a career in physiotherapy. I have noticed this is a job in demand in Australia.

Would I have a better chance of emigration if I study in Australia rather than Britain.

Is physiotherapy in demand in Brisbane/Gold Coast?

Please help

xxx

Hi:spinny:

I am a nurse hopefully (I am) moving to australia very soon. Have you thought about being a physio assistant and working whilst undertaking distant learning earn as you learn :v_SPIN:I know people can work as physio assistants and are seconded to undertake there training not sure about australia. just an idea :idea:

There is an Australian expo very soon that you may be interested in :chatterbox: Have people from different companies that you can speak to regarding moving and working/studying in australia web site address is Opportunities Australia - EXP07 really hope this helps

Hello there,

There are many choices of location to study physiotherapy...not just QLD which is also very expensive....and when all those physios graduate they may not be able to work in the area...

One of the first choices for Oz students is Wagga Wagga, Charles Sturt Uni, and probably not so expensive.

But if you want specific info get in touch I can fish round.

Cheers Andrew

Archived