Hobart...here we come!!!

Guest tgeorge

Just a quick one to say good luck to tgeorge. I see that there are a few people from Cornwall on here - and a few of those are going to (or have gone to) Tassie. For me Tassie is like the best bits of Cornwall combined with the best bits of Australia to make a fantastic place to live!

Good luck - as always, it's great to hear other people's stories.

Guest tgeorge

Thanks.....just waiting on visa and date now. All exciting stuff!! Are you planning on going to oz??:biggrin:

Guest tgeorge

Cool......What area of work are you in?? I think it'd be great in a few years to have me a pasty shop out there!:laugh:

Good luck with your move xx

• 1 month later...
Guest tgeorge

Well, after having a bit of a hiccup with the private health insurance (Bupa cocked it up), had an email today confirming that visa's have been approved!!!!!!

Just need to sort out date now of when we'll be leaving!! Sooo excited now. Will let you know date when I do.

Take Care all

Trace xxx:wink:

Guest SunshineSmile

WooHooooo :jiggy:

You have your own mail slot on the ward waiting for you even.. cant wait for you to get here :jiggy:

Steph x

• 2 months later...
Guest tgeorge

Hi all,well we finally arrived in Hobart!!! Been here nearly 2 weeks now. I started work this week which went ok. Amy has started at school and swimming and is loving it!! Hobart is nice,what I've seen of it so far. Just need to sort out which high school to enrol Amy in next year. Don't know if I want her to go to an all girls school. Have heard great reports about Taroona and Kingston,so any info would be great!! Take Care all

Trace xx

Guest Guest 47403
Hi all,well we finally arrived in Hobart!!! Been here nearly 2 weeks now. I started work this week which went ok. Amy has started at school and swimming and is loving it!! Hobart is nice,what I've seen of it so far. Just need to sort out which high school to enrol Amy in next year. Don't know if I want her to go to an all girls school. Have heard great reports about Taroona and Kingston,so any info would be great!! Take Care all

Trace xx

Good luck Trace make sure you do a full arrival report once you've been there a couple of months and your feet have touched the ground.

Trace xx

Hiya Trace

My eldest boy started at Kingston High about 6 weeks ago. We think it's a really good school, has only recently been built and all the facilities as well as the education seem top notch.

Just another note, which I think's quite important, the students don't seem at all clicky, and are very welcoming of new students.

Good luck with it all

Chris x

Archived