Help about 2nd installment

cazhoney

Hi,

I need help to make a decision. My CO contacted me today, asking for documents, which includes my husband´s IELTS. He has not taken it yet...

The date he can take it (May 7th), we think it´s too far, and we don´t want to delay more the visa....So we are thinking about paying the 2nd installment.

How does this work? If he pays for it, does he have the obbligation to take to course? I was reading about it, and the highest level is intermediate, and he already has this level....

I coulnd´t find any information here about this course, how it works, how long it lasts....

Please help me make a decision.....:cry:

Carolina

Hi,

I need help to make a decision. My CO contacted me today, asking for documents, which includes my husband´s IELTS. He has not taken it yet...

The date he can take it (May 7th), we think it´s too far, and we don´t want to delay more the visa....So we are thinking about paying the 2nd installment.

How does this work? If he pays for it, does he have the obbligation to take to course? I was reading about it, and the highest level is intermediate, and he already has this level....

I coulnd´t find any information here about this course, how it works, how long it lasts....

Carolina

according to form 990i fees and charges .... 2nd instalment for 176/175 will set you back about AUD3.5k so that your partner can attend english classes ... does that sound okay to you?

Guest AustrAnglian
Hi,

Carolina

Hi Carolina - you can ask your CO for an extension of time with a copy of the IELTS registration if you need it.

See also the attached links:

Australian Immigration - Legislation Change Update

This suggests the secondary applicant has 6 months to register for the course after arrival and 5 years to complete the course.

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)

This states you will be asked by DIAC to pay the 2nd instalment before your visa is granted, but DIAC will tell you when it's time to pay. It also gives a table with the options for proving the English - You need proof of English from the last 12 months. It may be worthwhile submitting whatever proof of English you already have and see what the CO says.

Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)

More info on the English programme.

Guest ACTbound

Congratulations, you are nearly there. If it was me, I would just pay the second instalment and not wait for May. If the exam is taken on 7 May, the results normally take two to three weeks.

The reason is that there is a new SOL coming up on 1st of May. Some occupations might be there while others might be removed. So AUD 3.5K might be a good investmentment in order to have the visa at hand.

The link to the post in PIO is here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/109984-new-sol-may.html

according to form 990i fees and charges .... 2nd instalment for 176/175 will set you back about AUD3.5k so that your partner can attend english classes ... does that sound okay to you?

No, 3.5k it´s not ok for me....:cry:

Congratulations, you are nearly there. If it was me, I would just pay the second instalment and not wait for May. If the exam is taken on 7 May, the results normally take two to three weeks.

The reason is that there is a new SOL coming up on 1st of May. Some occupations might be there while others might be removed. So AUD 3.5K might be a good investmentment in order to have the visa at hand.

The link to the post in PIO is here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/109984-new-sol-may.html

The SOL will be published in May but don't think it comes into effect until July.

No, 3.5k it´s not ok for me....:cry:[/quoteDoes you other half have other evidence he can submit, for example exams (for any subject) taught and taken in English??

Exams? No, not official exams like Cambridge or IELTS.

Only exams while he was studying English.....

Archived