Checking OZ out!

Smith Tribe

:twitcy:Hi all of PIO mates, we need to ask a question. We are thinking of going for a reccie to OZ sometime in the next few months. We have our visa application in and are awaiting a CO (had acknowledgement last on 17/8/07). Do we need a holiday visa or can we just go?? help please! Smith tribe

Guest koala12

Hi

Off the top of my head....I think you'll need a tourist visa which you can just get online....Which part of Oz you coming to reccie?

Karen

Guest koala12

Hi

Yes it can be done very easily online. If you do a google search for Australian tourist visas there are various sites and they charge different prices...last time my daughter came out here I went onto the Australian Immigration site and it was the cheapest and it came through virtually immediately, can't remember how much it cost though as I got her a 6 month one, I think the 3 month ones are cheaper.

Check out Internet Visa Services Australia

Karen

Guest Liz and Paul

Hi,

My OH is in Oz at the moment doing the same thing. He had a six month tourist visa - although he's only gone for 2 weeks, it cost £12, our travel agent arranged it for us - they did it online though, as you just get a printed out e-mail which is your visa.

Liz

Hi ya Smith Tribe

As Karen says, you can apply online and if you go to Internet Visa Services Australia (the australian immigrations own site) it will be granted on the spot, just print out the record out the end for your own information (it wont be needed at passport control or anywhere else as its recorded electronically). Costs $20 so about £8.

Just be sure you are not likely to be in Oz when your visa is granted as this will cause quite a few problems.

Lyn x

Hi

Im Sure I Read On This Forum Some Whare That If Your Pr Visa Comes Through When Your In Oz It Will Be Canceld As It Will Be Over Riden By The Tourist Visa You Currently Are Using In Oz

Not 100% Sure About This But Im Sure Someone Will Tell You

Make Sure You Check This Out First .

Bought my sister's visa for £7 online, just did a google search. You will then be buying an ETA - Electronic Tourist Authorisation (I think that's what it stands for!)

If you are in Australia and your PR visa is issued it won't be cancelled out by an ETA - I'm pretty sure one of the migration agents posted this information on a thread a few weeks back!

Guest michele'n'michael

Hi Smiths we were told by the agents bookin our flights who arranged our reccie(flight centre-London, pm me for more details if you like) that a temp visa could be done instantly by them. Our agents thre visa bureau told us that if our visa is likely to come thro' when were on a reccie we would have to leave Oz but when we get a ref no(still waiting for this) he'll notify them to ensure it's on hold 'till we get back. So let your agent know asap!!

Michelex

Archived