Work Experience, Self employed?

nikkib

I am all ready to file my application for visa 175, I have just realised that I have misread the work experience for partner skills. It says that you have to be in paid employment, now what happens if you are self employed and been breaking even over the last 2-3 years, not taking any money out, does this count as paid employment.

Feelling really stressed about this now, as this is the final hurdle, all the skills assessments are done, and all docs certified, was planning on submitting this weekend.

Can any one please advise ASAP?

Thanks very much.

Anyone got any ideas on this on?

Really worrying me now, looking at changing to a state sponsered visa, but my occupation is not on any of the list, hubbys' is but he is over 45 so would now also need to do IELTS can next vacancy for this is may.

as long as you can prove you have worked more than 24 hours in the nominated job for the set period thats what they ask for, they will know a lot of self employed people apply, get a letter from your accountant to verify that you have worked full time that should suffice, if you do not have an accountant get one! they will sort it for you, this is what i did just in case the question gets asked.

Im on an old PR136 visa,i "think" the 175 is the equivalant?,my agent told me i had to be earning what was deemed a "living wage" in my trade for 3 out of the last 4 yrs,but like i say everythings changed now,so hopefully bensmum is right and the criteria has changed.

Good luck anyway,hope yer get it sorted.

I was in a similar position, self employed for three years and went bust so took home nothing.

I had to provide copies of company registration (I was LTD co), tax returns and general paperwork ie. Invoices, bank statements showing payments made in

All in all, they want evidence that I was trading, the making a living wage wasn't that important.

They will also want to see documents that prove the trade you are working in, hence original invoices, quotes, etc.

Thanks very much all of you, kind of put my mind a little bit at rest, I ahve emailed the DIAC to ask them what evidence they require, because the evidence we sent to Vet assess was ok.

I am an accountant by trade!! So I do my husbands books and tax returns. Not sure I can do the letter though, will ask my friend who does book keeping for a living to write me a letter to back up the accounts

Thanks very much all of you, kind of put my mind a little bit at rest, I ahve emailed the DIAC to ask them what evidence they require, because the evidence we sent to Vet assess was ok.

I am an accountant by trade!! So I do my husbands books and tax returns. Not sure I can do the letter though, will ask my friend who does book keeping for a living to write me a letter to back up the accounts

Well it looks like the "living wage" thing doesnt matter if cadas is right,maybe it was my agent wanting everything 110% spot on,so hopefully you'l be sound,all the best Nikki

Archived