Nurse Registration Forms

bellaboshade

Dear All

I am sure this question has been asked a lot in the past but am hoping someone can help me - my husband has been offered a job in Queensland and we are hoping (fingers crossed and paperwork completed! - to be out there before Christmas) - anyway, he was signed up with an agency who helped him with all his paperwork (Medical), what to fill in, where to send it etc and we have spent the past several months doing that. With regard to me - although I do plan to work once we are settled out there, we have two children and I want to get them sorted first - our youngest is only 1 so I want to make sure I check out the best care system for him and school for the eldest before I look for a job. Therefore I haven't signed with an agency as I imagine their main aim is to find you a job. Is it worth me nearer the time of us moving applying to the nursing and midwifery board of australia and setting that in motion or waiting until I am there - I guess I am wondering if it will be easier to start the ball rolling when I am still in the UK for chasing up paperwork, references etc.

My second query is do I just have to apply to the nursing board as I would here in the UK or am I missing someone out?

Many thanks in advance

Tracy

Hi, if you are ultimately planning to work in oz you will obviously need your registration. This will be through aphra. Personally I would apply now as with the recent merging of all the Australian state nursing boards into one there have been many problems and significant delays in obtaining your registration.:wacko: You don't want to find a good job in oz only to find you will have to wait potentially 6 months before you can start because of your registration. In any case most employers wont interview you or even shortlist you untill you have your registartion.

If you have time to play with now I would get the ball rolling as once you have your registration all you have to do then is pay the annual licence fee to keep it active. It will also be much easier to obtain paperwork from your current employer as proof of hours worked and skills etc as well as transcript of training whilst you are here in the uk. I would imagine trying to do that from oz would be a nightmare! :goofy:

Archived