Just starting!

Cables

Yey, got an agent today, paid him some cash so the ball is now officially rolling! I know it will be a long process but just hope to get all the paperwork sorted soon. Good luck to all those in the same boat, and congrats to all those already accepted! x x x

Good luck. I'm at the early stages too but hope to speak to an agent this week and get the ball rolling at my end.

It's the start of an exciting time!

Ah Def! Feel much better now all the talking about it is over and we've made the first step! How are you hoping to get in? My hubby a tiler by trade but only 3 years which is borderline i'm told - so if not him, will switch to me - I have experience and qual's but occupation not on SOL, but it's on State lists for WA, SA & ACT - hoping one of them will have us!! x x

I've been in a long distance relationship so don't qualify for the partner visa sadly. She'll be moving to Melbourne soon and our plan is that I will be there by September (all going well... i may be being a bit optimistic)

I think i've got a good chance of getting the 457 visa and have already started chatting to potential employers. I need to pick up with a migration agent first of all to get some reassurances that the 457 is the right visa for me.

If all else fails then the fiancée visa is the final option but i'd rather not be forced into that just yet!

Guest journeydownunder

Congrats on starting the process. If you're like us you spend years talking about it and then when you finally get the process started it feels great doesn't it!! Trouble is then the waiting begins!!! Grrrr!!! Thankfully PIO is full of people all in a similar boat so that helps with the sanity!!

We have submitted our vetassess skills assessment (9 weeks ago) and are now, not so patiently, awaiting the outcome!! Also sat the ielts in the meantime just to feel like we were doing something (plus we needed it for the state sponsorship).

Then we will be applying for state sponsorship to ACT and then there'll be more waiting!!!

Good luck with getting your applications started. We're not using an agent do hopefully your journey will be a little less stressful than ours!!!

Emma & Alan

We just paid our first payment to our agent.

Skills assessment first.

Just sent all the needed paperwork over to the agent.

We want to go to Perth family of 4 kids 9 + 13. Fingers crossed it all happens quickly......

Can't wait to live in the sun!!

Guest ashnmatti

hi there, weve actually been with our agent since jan 10 but have only just been able to get things moving. but we are at the first stages too. who is everyones agent and what visa are you applying for? we are going for the general skilled migration, OH is a plumber so we are applying on his job, started applying with mine (hairdresser) but they took it off the list last summer....bummer. where is everyone from. its always nice to speak to someone at the same point as you rather than someone whos going to get their visa approved next week lol.

Hi All,

We've just put in our skills assessment with VETAESSESS. We havent got an agent.....doing it the hard way! (some would say)

We are then hopefully applying for SS to WA. BUT how do we apply? I have looked and looked and cant seem to find out how you actually apply?

Thankyou

Guest guest48800

Hello all.

We've just 'signed on the dotted line' with our agent too. Nearly there with the paperwork for skills assessment and state sponsorship, so much to do! Have never felt such a mixture of so many emotions all in one go! Excited, stressed, apprehensive :eek:

Best of luck to you all, no doubt we'll be on here quite a bit in the months to come asking questions and seeking reassurance, think I'm a PIO addict already! :biggrin:

Guest guest48800
Hi All,

We've just put in our skills assessment with VETAESSESS. We havent got an agent.....doing it the hard way! (some would say)

We are then hopefully applying for SS to WA. BUT how do we apply? I have looked and looked and cant seem to find out how you actually apply?

Thankyou

Hi,

Is there not a link on the WA webpage? I know there is on the VIC and SA pages. Hope this helps.

E.

We are going for the 176 visa.

I'm a childcare manager so hope to get in on that. I'm on the WA sponsor list so good news for us.

We using GO Maltida agents so far they been a great help.

OH is in IT but has no Qualifactions so that is why we are going with my job.

We from Hampshire where you all from?

Guest guest48800
Hi,

Is there not a link on the WA webpage? I know there is on the VIC and SA pages. Hope this helps.

E.

Hello again, I've just had a look. If you go to www.migration.wa.gov.au and then follow the links through to state migration and how to apply, it looks like there's an application box on the right.

Guest guest48800
We are going for the 176 visa.

I'm a childcare manager so hope to get in on that. I'm on the WA sponsor list so good news for us.

We using GO Maltida agents so far they been a great help.

OH is in IT but has no Qualifactions so that is why we are going with my job.

We from Hampshire where you all from?

Hi Mapster, we're going for 176 too, OH's job is on the VIC list at the moment and Melbourne is where we'd like to relocate to so we're going for it. Have no idea if we'll still be eligible come July so taking the plunge while we are!

We got a really good vibe from Go Matilda, was a close call between them and Ian Harrop but we went with Ian in the end. They've both had numerous recommends on here.

We're from the midlands by the way.

E.

Hi All,

Thankyou

I think you just go onto the government website... I have looked at SA and you cal apply online yourself.. Try Government of Western Australia for WA, I think thats the right one!

hi there, weve actually been with our agent since jan 10 but have only just been able to get things moving. but we are at the first stages too. who is everyones agent and what visa are you applying for? we are going for the general skilled migration, OH is a plumber so we are applying on his job, started applying with mine (hairdresser) but they took it off the list last summer....bummer. where is everyone from. its always nice to speak to someone at the same point as you rather than someone whos going to get their visa approved next week lol.

We're trying my husband first as he's a wall and floor tiler and thats on the main SOL so in demand. If that fails for some reason, we'll swap to min which is Public Relations Professional, and is on the state lists for WA, SA & ACT. I think it's paperwork first, then skills assessment then state sponsorship application. We're going with Ian Harrop, very qualified and very very helpful. £1800 for his services and £1500 for visa... well worth it I think tho! x

Guest curious clare

Hi..am just starting out to can u confirm which agent u have decided to go with as have been recommended a couple now.

many thanks

clare.

Hi..am just starting out to can u confirm which agent u have decided to go with as have been recommended a couple now.

many thanks

clare.

I went to an immigration show in Birmingham last month and spoke to lots of agents but decided to go with Ian Harrop. He's had really good reviews (google him!) and the fees were about the best I found. Plus, they offer a financial service for a little bit extra but that helps with moving pensions, child trust funds, relocation tax reliefs and sooo much more! He has over 32 years experience and just found him really good to work with

Guest guest48800

Hello Clare,

We're with Ian Harrop too, very early days yet so can't say too much but we're trusting them to work hard for us. They've been more than helpful so far, very approachable, and seem very knowledgeable. It's a personal thing though so go with your gut too, as everyone's situation is different. Good luck. E.

many thanks

clare.

Hi Clare

I have been using Visa Bureau based in London and they have been fanastic and very professional with me. They are always available at the end of the phone or email whenever you have any queries and if you are anything like me, I had lots of queries :biggrin:

I cannot recommend them enough but I am sure you will be spoilt for choice as for which agent to go with with all the suggestions from other PIO members.

I wish all you new visa applicants a speedy visa process and dont be afraid to ask a question, as there are plenty of people who will most likely have the answer on here.

Cheers

Guest curious clare

thanks but have had bad news today i cannot get skilled visa --only way in for me is sponsorship unlikely or meeting someone with perm visa or an aussie..and the rules are about to change again in july apparently but ian harrop were fab at helping me..good luck :)

Archived