Does state "sponsorship" mean lower costs?

Goochie

To me, the term "sponsorship" seems to indicate that WA will contribute towards your visa costs, yet I've not seen anything to verify this on the forums.

Does a state sponsored visa cost the same as a non-state-sposored visa?

Guest tandcmum

if only sponsorship meant they would pay something towards the costs but unfortunatly it just means they are approving you as such, altho there may be some costs there end they are paying out i'm not sure

Guest dawnpepper

in one word - yes. There is no help with costs at all. They were talking about charging for state sponsorship applications but don't know whether or not that was introduced in the UK. We didn't pay anything for ours but the rest of the costs were certainly ours. State sponsorship purely means that they approve of your skills and that they are needed in WA and that you will commit to living and working in WA for a minimum of 2 years.

That's not DIAC's definition of sponsorship. Infact when DIAC need you to be sponsored (in the normal sense of the word) they don't call it sponsorship the call it an "assurance of support". None of the states provide an "assurance of support".

Archived