Not the best day I've had

Guest ontheup

Guest ontheup

Probably not the worst day by a lot of peoples standards on here but never the less a pain in the arse:arghh:!! Found out the fridge freezer has cfc packing in it and that the panasonic plasma tv apparently wont work in OZ cos you cant change the PAL setup on it. Makes me laugh considering it was probably made closer to australia than we are at present. Any how been looking on the web n that and found a few sites that look ok for replacing the items when we arrive. I was considering 'The Good Guys' electricals and was wondering if anyone had used them before or had any experience of other good electrical appliance people. We hope to be going to Perth probably Rockingham or the like so if anyone has first han knowledge and wants to share I'm all ears.....

Thanks Guys

Lisa

Guest kimdownie

Hi there

I am sure other people on this site have taken panasonic plasma tv's and they have worked fine through a dvd player. We are taking our panasonic plasma with us. As for Fridge freezers that is the 1st I have heard of it being married to a fridge engineer. There are a few people on this site who have taken them with them but I suppose it depends how old the fridge is.

I suggest doing a search on the forum for fridges, and something should come up.

regards

kim

Guest The Picketts

Hi there - I have heard somewhere that the fridge/freezers in Australia are made to run cooler than those produced for the UK market?

Cheryl

Guest kimdownie

hi again

what Cheryl says is correct, MOST Fridge freezers made in the uk are not built to cope with temperatures over 32 degrees. I am not too sure about the CFC thing.

kim

I posted this on another thread but thought I'd chuck it here to help!

We received this with our quarantine forms:

We have been advised by our destination agent of important developments in relation to the import into Australia of refrigerators / freezers / air conditioning equipment including units in motor vehicles as part of household goods shipments.

The importation of refrigeration or air conditioning equipment that is charged with a CFC refrigerant or can only operate on such a refrigerant is totally banned from being imported.

The importation of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment that is insulated with foam manufactured with a CFC is also totally banned.

All importers will be required to declare that any pre charged refrigeration or air conditioning equipment system(s) does not contain CFC refrigerant or can only operate on such a refrigerant and that it is not insulated with foam manufactured with a CFC.

An importer who does import any of this equipment may be subject to prosecution, seizure of equipment, fines and other monetary sanctions. we trust you appreciate that it is due to circumstances that are totally our of our control.

Please note if the equipment is CFC free i.e. it contains or operates on HCFC or HFC refrigerant then the goods can be imported as normal Household Goods. Copies of the equipment handbooks or a letter from the manufacturers confirming this will be required as part of the import documentation.

We had to sign a letter of declaration that we were not taking a refrigerator or any other CFC appliance with us. As it happens I have been promised a new super fridge freezer so I wasn't too sad to have to sell ours!

Felicity:cute:

Guest kimdownie

thanks felicity,

thats solved it for us.......dont be off line too long when you move coz we will miss your sound knowledge.

best wishes

kim

Guest ontheup

Felicity

thanks for the info it was that post on the other thread that prompted me to ring hotpoint and check and they said that the fridge was not totally CFC free.

As for the plasma I hope it will work through a DVD, its the first one we have had but it seems an odd set-up in that the whole sound system and tuner box etc all came with it as a sort of integrated package so i dont know if its a bit different to a stand alone plasma - but then again I dont know much about these. Either way I definately can't change the PAL selection but we are going to take it on the off chance.

Thanks

Lisa

Hi we've got a a couple of things from the good guys and they've been fine, no problems with service etc. Ask how much for cash - you think you're getting a bit knocked off but in reality they've probably accounted for this anyway. We have said in a few shops that we don't want to pay delivery and got that knocked off too.

Ali

Archived