what if you cant settle in nominated state?

kellyjamie

Guest GoldCoastMag

If you cannot settle there I presume you may want to return to your homeland.

It may seem like "only" a moral requirement but the agreement you make is to give back two years to the state that sponsors you, now if this is treated flippantly not only does it prevent someone who really wanted to go to that state from a visa due to quotas but sooner or later that loophole is going to get closed and even less people will have an advantage of state sponsorship.

Can you move states if one has sponsored you? i know theres no legal requirement to stay in the sponsoring state its only a moral one but what happens if you cant settle there?

Thanks

kelly

Guest china

Hi Kelly

I think that if you make the best effort to gat a job, find a home, friends etc and settle in your nominated state, but can't of course you can move. You are given permanent residency to Australia - the whole of Australia.

I really disagree with people just abusing the state sponsored thing, but I disagree even more with people being so self righteous. People move all the time, all over the world, for all sorts of reasons, and you can not guarantee anythign in life (apart from death and taxes of course!)

I am not a "passionate" poster, and don't like to get involved in debates, but I think it is really unfair, when someone asks an honest question, because they want to know the answer because they have lots of fears about their future and the huge move they are making, and people feel the need to take some sort of 'moral high ground'

Goldcoastmags, I am not saying that you are mean, or meant anything unkind, it is just that I have seen so many posts like this, where people get shot down asking normal questions.

I'm off to South Australia, I can't wait, but if for some reason we have to move before the two year requirement is met, then we will do - it might be back to the UK, it might be to another state, it might be to the moon, but the answer to Kelly's question, if you can't settle just move.

Rant over, x

Guest Sparnoonchris
If you cannot settle there I presume you may want to return to your homeland.

It may seem like "only" a moral requirement but the agreement you make is to give back two years to the state that sponsors you, now if this is treated flippantly not only does it prevent someone who really wanted to go to that state from a visa due to quotas but sooner or later that loophole is going to get closed and even less people will have an advantage of state sponsorship.

Fully agree !!

We don't have state sponsorship, and while we have nothing against people who do and are therefore being processed ahead of us, I would like to think that applicants who are being fast tracked via SMP's stick to the agreement they signed up to with their sponsoring state. If not, they should have a damn good reason why not or face having their visa revoked.

i was just wondering thats all, we have no intentions of not being in tassie as far as were concerned tassie are taking a chance on us by offering us an amazing opportunity so i would never feel right just going somewhere else and besides as far as we can see its the place that offers us exactly what weve been hoping for. i was merely asking thats all. For us it would only be lack of work that would prevent us movingbut we,d both work in maccas if we had to and i have no doubt we will make friends we already have a few from on here.

as you say china i was only asking it was something i thought of yesterday and got me thinking a little what if that happened to someone, what would they be able to do?

Guest siamsusie

Kelly if the work wasnt there for you or you guys were unhappy, Tasmania isnt the Gulag, you are free to go elsewhere end of really isnt it!

exactly susie, i wished id never asked to be honest it was only a query i had and stupidly put it down in type! for the record we have no intention of abusing tasmanias offer of sponsorship or being unmoral in anyway and expect to live and contribute fully to life in tassie!

question and answer finished thankyou i will ensure i think before i type again:wubclub:

Guest siamsusie

If Queensland had offered me SS and I hated it, non employment etc, I would immediately look at another state Kelly!

Tasmania is not renowned for a surplus of employment you would have to look elsewhere!

It is called survival!

Tasmania offers a good many things to new migrants and I sincerely hope it works for you guys, but ask any new migrant that starts off on this road and watch the funds disappear quickly...

In my opinion it is better to find out quickly rather than investing in property and new schools etc etc. You know as well as I do that I wish you all the luck in the world.

Just my thoughts !

Susie x

Edited to add, you should be able to post (within reason) whatever is in your head, what worries you might have etc.

Guest rooperman

The people who "abuse" state sponsorship are those who apply for a state sponsorship knowing that they have no intention of ever trying to selltle in that state.

If you applied to your nominated state in good faith, and tried to settle in the same stste, but then found it better to move on - then for me moral obligations have been met. I don't think that state sponsorship is to be like a two year prison sentence, and like has been said previously, people's situation/circumstances change.

I am lucky enough to have NSW sponsorship and have every intention of relocating to Sydney, however if after say 6-12 months of fruitless job searching I would have no qualms about looking elsewhere.

spot on susie 100% agree, hence my reason for asking we wouldnt want to go thru all this to return to the uk if tas didnt work we would want to try somewhere else as you say.

as for tas specifically the low unemployment rate is one of the fundamental draws to the state it clearly shows how good its economy is?

anyhow i now know the answer to my what if question, and hand on heart it was born from purely being concerned with not finding work as everything else will fall into place as soon we have jobs, that was also why i asked about starting a business the other day, of which i had a good rumage around the link you sent and it appears the tas gov are very supportive of people starting up a business, theres a few franchises for sale aswell, i have a little plan up mt sleeve for when we hopefully get there for a business been wanting to try for a while and think tas will be perfect for it!

for us it may be more a case of looking at hobart if we dont find work in launceston, but we have our hearts set on launceston, even spoke to a couple of schools about a place! but i think we will know better once there:yes:

Guest siamsusie
spot on susie 100% agree, hence my reason for asking we wouldnt want to go thru all this to return to the uk if tas didnt work we would want to try somewhere else as you say.

as for tas specifically the low unemployment rate is one of the fundamental draws to the state it clearly shows how good its economy is?

anyhow i now know the answer to my what if question, and hand on heart it was born from purely being concerned with not finding work as everything else will fall into place as soon we have jobs, that was also why i asked about starting a business the other day, of which i had a good rumage around the link you sent and it appears the tas gov are very supportive of people starting up a business, theres a few franchises for sale aswell, i have a little plan up mt sleeve for when we hopefully get there for a business been wanting to try for a while and think tas will be perfect for it!

for us it may be more a case of looking at hobart if we dont find work in launceston, but we have our hearts set on launceston, even spoke to a couple of schools about a place! but i think we will know better once there:yes:

Both sides north and south offer entirely different aspects.. and I have always been honest when you have asked for my opinion.

Hobart for me is exceptionally pretty for the capital, I love visiting out family there,

but this part offers me more. Horses for courses... they all have the minus and plus points.

Only YOU and Jamie will know whats for you!

Luckily there isnt one judgemental member on the Tasmania thread, we are all here to help each other, and thats eactly the way it should be.

You guys will find your way, I know it... and if you move to Perth or wherever, so be it... in my naive way of thinking, DIAC have had your money and you will be paying your taxes:laugh:

love Susie x

From my knowledge, there is no mention of getting, no matter what, stuck to the state that granted you a SS during your first two years there. If the Oz Government had wanted to introduce a ban in your free moving to other state, they would have added the feature “temporary” to your visa (i.e. I applied for a 475 regional, which entitles me to live in regional Australia for 3 years prior to receiving my PR; if I fail to <e.g. I live or work in a non-regional area>, my visa is suspended), and they might come up with this kind of restriction in the future if they see that lots of SS applicants do not stand by their commitment issued when asking for a SS.

Therefore, I think you are free to move interstate during the 2 year period , providing you have an important reason to act like this (for me, and especially my family, which is the most important thing that I’m committed to, even a better paid job would be a strong enough reason).

Anyway, I think you asked a great question.:notworthy:

Archived