Australians moving to regions....

connaust

I guess its people like my son who do not want to spend hours commuting or sitting in traffic so they have chosen to live in small towns in regional Australia. My son's friend also moved to the town he lives in.

Other people my children went to school with have also chosen to do that.

Makes sense to me if you can get a good job, have cheaper housing, no commute, takes my son ten minutes to get to work why not.

For entertainment he has the Murray the Snowfields and is close to large four large regional centres each being thirty minutes drive.

People write off the country but it has lifestyle with a capital L, maybe not minions of cafes etc but other rewards.

Well if the cost of housing is cheaper,more space around and perhaps the opportunity to start a business - cafe - whatever - cheaper - why not ? I for one will not be wanting to live in an estate or anywhere with neighbours 1 meter away from all sides.

Petals, where does you son live - lol??

My son lives in Yarrawonga and its about 30 mins to Wangaratta, his partner works in Wang and drives each day, difference to commuting in Melbourne is no traffic lights and country road so 100 all the way.

My son belongs the Skii Club and the Golf Club which are both in New South Wales however if you want to have a meal and a gargle they send a bus over to collect people and take them and take them home. Civilised.

Lots of pubs, he plays Cricket for the local side, plays Baseball for Wangaratta and is captain of the Darts team at the minute. So there is life in the country.

Wangaratta is a nice place and is quite popular.

In the winter can get to the snow fields in about an hour so for anyone who likes skiiing or cross country skiining ideal. Also hang gliding around Bright is popular. They had the world hang gliding championships there the the other year. Winton raceway is not far away either.

It gets hot in summer but its a dry heat which is easier to take than humidity. Cool in winter.

Albury Wodonga is also a good place to live but its a city and larger than other towns around.

Not a fan of Shepparton but if you could find a good job there well do not have to actually live in the town.

Cobram is ok and bit larger than Yarrawonga.

Archived