Police Checks Have Come Back Wrong

thebacons

Ive just got my APCO police certificate back and its wrong.

It has me down as having a disaplinary within the Army in 1994 (of which it says there was no outcome) but i have no military disaplinary records. Also on my discharge certificate from the Army it has me down as having a good record.

And to prove mistakes happen i do have a civilian conviction from a magistrates court for somthing quite silly that im not proud of from 1993 which i have always disclosed on my visa application and they have missed this on the ACPO certificate completely.

Still shows up on my Mayflower CRB check that i have done every year for work though.

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Am thinking of now uploading both certificates as i have been honest and see what my case officer says.

Have a look on this forum, about 6 months ago someone had reported that their police certificate had come back incorrect due to someone else having the same name in their town.

Have a search back, if i come across it myself i will post the link.

But sadly, i dont think its an easy or quick process. Can you prove you didnt have this charge on your military records? i would suspect this would be the first thing you would need.

Have a look on this forum, about 6 months ago someone had reported that their police certificate had come back incorrect due to someone else having the same name in their town.

Have a search back, if i come across it myself i will post the link.

But sadly, i dont think its an easy or quick process. Can you prove you didnt have this charge on your military records? i would suspect this would be the first thing you would need.

On my release papers it just says that i had very good conduct.

When i phone them tomorrow i am going to get them to check name, rank, number, unit, ect. I have also put a letter together for my case officer as a last resort and like i said i have already disclosed my only conviction in 1993 which is not on my APCO cert but i have copies of CRB checks going back for the last 3 years showing the 1993 incident as my only conviction. I left the Army in 1998 so if they are going by just a name and not a unit, rank, and number god knows how im going to prove this. It in all reality is just a OC charge misdiminer but its not the point it was not me. You would think with a name like Bacon mistakes wouldnt happen either.

Well that was easier then i thought.

Phoned up ACPO who instantly saw that the DOB was completely different to mine.

They have phoned the military police records who have said sorry and confirmed that it is a mistake. New Police check being posted today.

Amazed in this day that mistakes like this can happen but happy that its all sorted out.

OMG i didn't know that your military records counted in your police check, is this for the UK. Don't know how glowing my OH's records would be from when he was in the army. No problems since then - must have been my calming infulance.

Hi, on normal CRB checks military records do not show but on an APCO police check all miliatary records also show up. Once more the 10 year step down rule with civilian records does not apply to any military convictions.

Well that was easier then i thought.

Phoned up ACPO who instantly saw that the DOB was completely different to mine.

They have phoned the military police records who have said sorry and confirmed that it is a mistake. New Police check being posted today.

Amazed in this day that mistakes like this can happen but happy that its all sorted out.

WOW, that was easy. Well done. Best of luck with the rest. May i suggest you gat as much as you can to confirm your conduct as i am having a right mare with mine and i was a good boy/didnt get caught

Surprised to hear that Army Disciplinary records show on ACPO checks, mine certainly didnt. And even more surprised to hear that something quoted as no outcome features at all.

Infact i am surprised to the point of disbelief

Surprised to hear that Army Disciplinary records show on ACPO checks, mine certainly didnt. And even more surprised to hear that something quoted as no outcome features at all.

Infact i am surprised to the point of disbelief

I was having kittens when i opened it on Saturday.

On the APCO form it has a tick box if you were ever in the army.

As i had nothing to hide i ticked it, wish i didnt bother.

This is the said charge - 1994 Theft from Barracks - court OCs interview - Disposal - No outcome.

Like i say it wasnt me and APCO have now confirmed this but in all honest im amazed that this would be on anyones criminal record.

WOW, that was easy. Well done. Best of luck with the rest. May i suggest you gat as much as you can to confirm your conduct as i am having a right mare with mine and i was a good boy/didnt get caught

Yes was alot easier then i thought. Should be OK after this as the only other conviction that i have is from 1993 and funnely enough is not on the APCO report it just says NO LIVE TRACE. I have disclosed this on the vias application though as it reall is just something silly and was 18 years ago. Apart from that its a clean record (unless they put something else that wasnt me on there).

Good luck with your application.

A bit of advice to anyone else ex military. I have supplied 10 years o write ups, pre 99 annual assessment for 15 years, clear police checks, valedictory cert, certificate of service, 3 referencies from the military. But this is still not good enough, i need to supply a document signed after i left the RN to comment on my conduct, this doc must also include my dates of service. I have this in hand now, well soon will, but its been a right mare to get it now i have left. If you think you might need something like it, try to get it sorted as soon as you can. Its difficult to source as these documents no longer exist to those leaving now, if your record is clean then the file is empty. Just some advice peps. Good luck all. It will happen soon, i hope.

Archived