Medicals on a Friday/Saturday

Lil Bev

Can anyone tell me if Birmingham or Maidenhead do medicals on a late Friday or Saturday? I was going to go to Cardiff but they only do them Tues-Thurs. Also i cant seem to download form 160EH and 26EH - it keeps coming up with a blank page! Can anyone help???

Can anyone tell me if Birmingham or Maidenhead do medicals on a late Friday or Saturday? I was going to go to Cardiff but they only do them Tues-Thurs. Also i cant seem to download form 160EH and 26EH - it keeps coming up with a blank page! Can anyone help???

Hi

We had our medicals today (Saturday) at Brentwood Essex.

Not sure about the forms, I had no difficulty printing them off.

Good luck

cwl

Guest maxim

We had meds this morning at Birmingham (Saturday)

We had meds this morning at Birmingham (Saturday)

Thats great thanks, how did you find it there? Glad they do it on a Saturday too, how long ago did you book your appointment? Hope we can get in the day we want next month. What were you charged if you dont mind me asking

Hi Bev,

we had our done on a Friday at Knightsbridge clinic, the one just off Oxford st, so plenty of good shopping too. We booked 2 weeks in advance, but I got the impression we could have got in earlier if we needed to. Our price was £530 incluiding the extra bloods for me and courier charge. They said they didn't do E-health, we had ours done 17th Dec and they were marked finalised 6th Jan, so we had Xmas in there too.

Sharon

Are you opening the forms from the document checklist page, and are you actually seeing the form open on the screen? You should be able to see what you are about to print.

Apologies if this is what you are doing x

Guest maxim
Thats great thanks, how did you find it there? Glad they do it on a Saturday too, how long ago did you book your appointment? Hope we can get in the day we want next month. What were you charged if you dont mind me asking

They were great, little one got a bit bored as was their 2 and half hours. I phoned up a on the Monday and they gave me the following Tuesday 1/3/11 or sat 5/3/11 at 8.30 am. They do get really busy on Saturday's though you should have no worries getting Saturday appointment. The cost was £275 per adult, £195 11-14 and Jamie was £75 as just height and weight. If you take toddler dont forget red health book. Also you need to take recent smear test results.

Guest joncaz

We had our done in Manchester last month, 2 adults with extra bloods and chest x-rays and 2 children £770 in total, I didn't have to take any evidence of smear results but did have to have a breast examination because I was over 40 (only by 1 week)

Guest maxim
We had our done in Manchester last month, 2 adults with extra bloods and chest x-rays and 2 children £770 in total, I didn't have to take any evidence of smear results but did have to have a breast examination because I was over 40 (only by 1 week)

Our agent did warn us that Birmingham was the most expensive, my partners on 38 so probably why smear results.

The doctor said that they saw 50 people on Saturday...eek, all emigrating to OZ, that has to say something about the UK. Our appointment was at 10.30 and we finished by 12.30, so not to bad really....Now just waiting for the results.... Hope it all went well for you.

Hi Bev,

we had our done on a Friday at Knightsbridge clinic, the one just off Oxford st, so plenty of good shopping too. We booked 2 weeks in advance, but I got the impression we could have got in earlier if we needed to. Our price was £530 incluiding the extra bloods for me and courier charge. They said they didn't do E-health, we had ours done 17th Dec and they were marked finalised 6th Jan, so we had Xmas in there too.

Sharon

Are you opening the forms from the document checklist page, and are you actually seeing the form open on the screen? You should be able to see what you are about to print.

Apologies if this is what you are doing x

Hi Sharon,

Will be going to Birmingham for ours, hubby hates London with a passion! (I think thats because i spend too much time in the big Topshop!!:cute:). Going to book them tomorrow, by the sounds of it we can get appointments quite quickly. As for the forms, i'm still not having any luck downloading them. Will email my CO and see if they can send me them as an email x

We went to Birmingham on a Friday as they told us Saturdays are insane. We were the first appointment of the day and I was glad of that because others were sitting there all day waiting to be seen.

Thanks. Will try and book an appointment with an early time!!

The doctor said that they saw 50 people on Saturday...eek, all emigrating to OZ, that has to say something about the UK. Our appointment was at 10.30 and we finished by 12.30, so not to bad really....Now just waiting for the results.... Hope it all went well for you.

It's suprising when you speak to people about migrating, they always tell you of people they know thats already gone or of people in the process. It really does say alot about the UK......last one out switch the light off. Hope you get the results back soon! and the all important visa!

How much were you charged if you dont mind me asking? I rang them a few weeks ago just to find out the fees and i was told £275 each (medical, HIV test, chest xray), Hep B & C test for me £70 (Nurse), and Hep B for OH £35 (has tattoos). So in total for 2 adults £655 :swoon:*raids copper jar/back of sofa*

Guest jackfrew

Went for Meds on Saturday 5/3/11,(first time they have opened on a Saturday) at Spire Shawfair Edinburgh. The doctor said they don't normally do Saturdays, but the Australian Government asked them to open to catch up with the backlog. Due the the new points system in July, they want it all up to date. Total cost for 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 3) = £760.50 They hospital was great, usually give 30 mins per person, but on a Saturday only 15mins per person.

They said they are only doing Saturdays for a couple of months.

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Watsons
Hi!

We have our medicals booked at Maidenhead at 4:30 pm this Friday!!!

Lucy

Hi Alan & Lucy,

We had our meds done at Maidenhead on the same day as you. Have you heard anything back as the whether they have sent them off?

Ian & Karen

Guest AlandLucy

We got told that we could ring up and get the results on the Wednesday after the medical as I had to have a further test done, but when we rang up on the Wednesday we then got told that the results wouldn't be done until the doctor has reviewed them. And if there were any problems he would contact us directly.

As we have had no contact from the Bridge Clinic we presume there was nothing seriously wrong on our medicals and they have sent them off.

Guest Watsons
We got told that we could ring up and get the results on the Wednesday after the medical as I had to have a further test done, but when we rang up on the Wednesday we then got told that the results wouldn't be done until the doctor has reviewed them. And if there were any problems he would contact us directly.

As we have had no contact from the Bridge Clinic we presume there was nothing seriously wrong on our medicals and they have sent them off.

Hi, Just chased Bridge again and have been told that they will be sending the results off today. I now have a tracking number. I think their system is a little slow.

Might be worth pushing from your side.

Hi

We went on a Saturday morning, but they did offer us a day in the week, give them a call they were very helpful.

Good luck

Guest Watsons
They did ring back and have sent them off as well :)

Excellent so that is 3 lots from the same week enroute to Sydney. If you hear anything as to when yours arrive let me know.

:)

Archived