Do Aussie schools have Ofsted reports?

shaza

I thought I might look into the best schools around The Sunshine Coast, as this is where we will be heading once we get our Visa and want a bit of knowledge before hand. Whats the best way to research school & areas fron the UK? Do Aussie schools have Ofsted reports like UK schools, or simular?

Also what are the best areas (as in nicest, safest not most expensive) in or near the sunshine coast, preferably within walking or short drive from the beach?:confused:

No Ofsted, that is a British institution - the best that can be done is Find a school | ACARA

General rule of thumb is find the house in the area you want to live in and then the school will fall into place. If you wouldnt want to live in a suburb then you wouldnt want to send your kid to school in it. Local schools are obliged to take kids in their feeder areas. Where you live is probably going to be more determined by where you work, what you can afford and which landlord will have you.

Guest shusselmann

The NAPLAN (National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy) results available on the My School website demonstrate academic acheivement in the school, you can compare these with nearby schools. You may also want to investigate typical class sizes as a way of judging whether the school is right for you / your child.

Hi, Thankyou to you both for your replies.

Im a bit worried as my daughter will start high school soon (she starts september here) and really wanted to look at good schools before we arrive but I understand what you say Quoll about areas.

I'll have a look at the link you provided shusselmann & see what comes up.

Thanks again guys x

Guest cricketbackinengland
The NAPLAN (National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy) results available on the My School website demonstrate academic acheivement in the school, you can compare these with nearby schools. You may also want to investigate typical class sizes as a way of judging whether the school is right for you / your child.

Well done you with your web site and innovation! Great inspiration to women with children going on such a lifestyle change.:smile:

Archived