Update on AHPRA rego for nurses

Ratchet

I just wanted to share some info for all the nurses and other healthcare profs that are being assessed for rego with AHPRA.

Im sure the person im writing about wont mind.

I offered a qualified RMN a job last year who then applied for rego in December. She was due to start at end of Feb on a Grad program. She was still not registered by the start of Grad prog, despite AHPRA telling me that all Grads would be by the time they started with us.

I spoke to AHPRA about the UK nurse, and was told that she would not be registered for a long time as they are only just opening up and looking at applications from Sept 2010 - 6 months ago.:arghh:

Totally diabolical

I was also told that any UK nurse who was registered as RNMH/RNLD/RN Children would be scrutinised even more as according to the new DIV 1 they are not trained appropriately.

Please consider this when planning coming over especially on a 457. Get your rego first before you apply for visa as it may take a while. Also please tell your employer that rego may take some time, just incase they withdraw contracts.

Guest Magnetic6

In my opinion and those of my Australian colleagues, AHPRA is a complete shambles. It took over 4 months for my registration to come through, which was longer than my visa.

At times it appears they don't know their head from their arse.

your absolutely right. It also turns out that each one of the AHPRA staff have their own take on what to do. The girl im describing above has been told so many different things about the same process. Poor girls doesnt know whats shes doing now!

Archived