Bella Vista

jsc77

Hi,

We're moving to Sydney at the end of March with our 4 young children.

Can anyone tell me anything about Bella Vista@? Is it a nice area to bring up kids?

Also, what is the commute to the CBD like? According to 131500.com it's just over an hour. Is this accurate?

Many thanks,

John

Hi John

You're right there is no train line from Bella Vista, there are buses but the commute would still be over an hour at peak time, the most direct bus route goes down (old) Windsor Road & onto the M2.

BV is a nice burb, with many huge houses with pools etc, $1m+ properties, however it has a business zoned area which includes high rise office blocks so just depends what you're looking for in an area, inc types of schooling. I'm not sure if there is a school in this burb, to my knowledge the closest would be Castle Hill or Kellyville schools.

There is a few schools around Bella Vista

Matthew Pearce Public

St Michaels

Crestwood

Then a ton around Baulkham Hills

Buses only no trains, Quickest to the CBD would be the 610X from Baulkham Hills junction at just under an hour in Peak, or 40 mins off peak.

The drive to CBD would be 35 min off peak and double that in peak.

BV is equally close to Rouse Hill & Castle Hill shopping centres.

• 1 month later...
Guest thefarrs

Hi

We moved to Sydney 3 1\2 weeks ago and have been living in Castle Hill. We have found a rental property in Bella Vista and move in on Saturday. The area seems lovely and anyone we have spoken to about it has said it is a good place to live. My daughter (aged 5) will be going to Matthew Pearce school and we have heard excellent reports about it.

My hubbie will also be commuting into the CBD. We looked into it alot before going for the house and he thinks it will only take him about an hour.

Let us know if you decide on BV.

Cara :smile:

Archived