Another Health Care Supporter ?

Guest The Smiths

Guest The Smiths

I have worked as a Health Care Support Worker with in the NHS for the last 3 years.

My question is I don't have any NVQ's, but plenty of experience, especially on surgical an orthopedic wards, how easy would it be to get a job in Australian hospitals.

Thanks

Debs

Hi Guys Not Sure About Support Workers In Hospitals But Im Care Assistant In A Residential Care Home For Elderly. I Have My Svq[scottish Equiv] Level 2 But Every Job Advert I Have Seen In Oz Asks For Level 3. I Therefore Asked My Employers To Put Me Trough Level 3 Which I Start Tomorrow.it Might Be Worth Your While Trying To Get It Before You Go.there Should Be Funding Available In Your Area To Help You Go Through It.hope This Helps

Guest steverach

Hi There guys

Just to let you know that I found out that there's a PCA course you can do in oz which will enable you to do our line of work.

All good news for us carers.

Are you in the NHS pension scheme if so what are you gonna do with it when you go to Oz as I've heard we have to freeze it.

If YOU FIND OUT ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Rach

Guest The Smiths

Hi Rach

Yes im in a pension but haven't thought that far in advance yet. We are still in the "shall we do it" mode. Lot to consider.

How far have you got with your visa? What area are you thinking of settling in and what is your partners chosen career? Nosey aren't I!!!!

We are going to visit an expo in a few months and get a feel of whats on offer. We have just downloaded the TRA form and 136 Visa. We are going to try and do it ourselves.

Debs

Hi There guys

Just to let you know that I found out that there's a PCA course you can do in oz which will enable you to do our line of work.

All good news for us carers.

Are you in the NHS pension scheme if so what are you gonna do with it when you go to Oz as I've heard we have to freeze it.

If YOU FIND OUT ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Rach

Rach

The NHS pension scheme ask your employer pay services/ dept/pensions for a booklet called "Leaving the Scheme" it gives you all the info you need and yes your pension is freezed. You will also need to get in touch with the Dept of work and Pensions re your state pension contributions etc to let them know your migratiing. Just at the begining of looking into all this myself, if I find anymore info will post.

Monty

The PCA at our hospital (patient care assistant) in mental health, do the domestic duties - cleaning the ward, giving out meals, changing the beds - they do take patients etc to x-ray's etc. My advise would be to check out what the actual duties would be, because the PCA's job where I work is nothing like the Health Care Support Workers I used to work with. The still train Enrolled nurses as well as Registered nurses here in WA (don't know about other states) - have you thought about doing your training?

Ali

Guest steverach

Cheers ali

It seems I've been miss informed with regards to the pca.

I don't want to be doing domestic stuff (do enough of that at home ta very much ha ha)

I was thinking about possibly doing my training out there but dont want to take loads on at the beginning.want to make sure my son is settled first.

rach

Guest steverach

Thanx Monty

Its amazing what info you can get on here.

I'd not even thought of state pension issues as yet

Would be very interested in any info you get

Rach

Archived