I have a CASE OFFICER!!

Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

Cheers mate

You have your medicals booked for the 1st April! Wow, my CO wants all my paperwork returned and completed by the 24th March! I sure hope there is not a long delay in booking otherwise I could be goosed. :shocked:

Hi

They wanted all mine to be done by the 22nd march but because I have to get a new passport and need it for that for identification its ok. But the visa bureau said as long as you have booked an appointment your ok, they said you through an email then i emailed that to our agent for confirmation i had booked. You will be fine i know they had a few dates in March left.

Payment you pay on the day buy card, cash etc....2.5% charge if you pay on visa.

We have Doctor Smith....so reading the comments about him...am happy especially with having a 2 yr old that will get bored easy.

Hi

They wanted all mine to be done by the 22nd march but because I have to get a new passport and need it for that for identification its ok. But the visa bureau said as long as you have booked an appointment your ok, they said you through an email then i emailed that to our agent for confirmation i had booked. You will be fine i know they had a few dates in March left.

Payment you pay on the day buy card, cash etc....2.5% charge if you pay on visa.

We have Doctor Smith....so reading the comments about him...am happy especially with having a 2 yr old that will get bored easy.

Hi

I have heard great stories about both Dr Smith and Dr Million so I am not fussed which one I receive. I forgot to ask when I made my appointment, oh well.

I have rang them and booked my medicals for the 4th March in Manchester.

It costs me just over £200 for the medicals, x rays etc plus a courier to send paperwork to Australia.

I am getting nervous now but also excited. Nervous about the fact that things are finally moving and I know in 12 months time I will have to say goodbye to everyone here, which is gonna be hard. But also excited as I am gonna be spoilt for choice for things to do, especially in the outdoors with the great weather. Plenty of Scube diving to be had.

Congratulations - so pleased for you.

We didn't go with an agent, I am thinking perhaps I should call DIAC and see if we have a case officer yet.

Getting a little worried we have been forgotten. All this visa lark makes me paranoid!!!!!!!!!!!

Penny

Hi Penny

I was the exact same, seeing people who lodged after me receiving CO's before me but your turn will arrive soon.

Are you heading to Queensland?

Cheers

Great news mat, another step in the right direction, we should get a co soon so we booked our meds the other week for 8th April.

Hi Proview,

GLad to hear you booked your meds. I just booked mine for the 4th March, getting a wee bit nervous now.

I am getting a bit nervous about the lack of work for Carpenters out in Queensland. We have been removed from the SMP list so its not looking good. Hopefully things will pick up in the next 12 months.

Any ideas on where you will be heading in Queensland?

Hi

I have heard great stories about both Dr Smith and Dr Million so I am not fussed which one I receive. I forgot to ask when I made my appointment, oh well.

I have rang them and booked my medicals for the 4th March in Manchester.

It costs me just over £200 for the medicals, x rays etc plus a courier to send paperwork to Australia.

I am getting nervous now but also excited. Nervous about the fact that things are finally moving and I know in 12 months time I will have to say goodbye to everyone here, which is gonna be hard. But also excited as I am gonna be spoilt for choice for things to do, especially in the outdoors with the great weather. Plenty of Scube diving to be had.

BLOODY HELL..... You did get in quick.!!

Yeh to be honest my stomach has been turning since and mind working over time...arhhhh...cant sleep haaa !!

Exciting though too to say the least .... :jiggy:

BLOODY HELL..... You did get in quick.!!

Yeh to be honest my stomach has been turning since and mind working over time...arhhhh...cant sleep haaa !!

Exciting though too to say the least .... :jiggy:

ha ha, yeah I paid the reception a pay off so she could book me in early :biggrin:

Where abouts in Australia are you heading?

Guest Burchos
Hi Penny

I was the exact same, seeing people who lodged after me receiving CO's before me but your turn will arrive soon.

Are you heading to Queensland?

Cheers

No we are heading to NSW. My sister lives in Newcastle so we were thinking of somewhere between North Sydney and Newcastle.

Where in Queensland are you hoping to settle?

No we are heading to NSW. My sister lives in Newcastle so we were thinking of somewhere between North Sydney and Newcastle.

Where in Queensland are you hoping to settle?

I have no idea where to settle. Any suggestions?

I wont be going near tourists places such as surfers paradise as I reckon that will be a bit of a nightmare.

North Sydney is a posh area, I remember going to a few bars out there when I was over in Oz on a working holiday visa back in 2001!. Drove through Newcastle also, on the way up the coast.

Hi Proview,

GLad to hear you booked your meds. I just booked mine for the 4th March, getting a wee bit nervous now.

I am getting a bit nervous about the lack of work for Carpenters out in Queensland. We have been removed from the SMP list so its not looking good. Hopefully things will pick up in the next 12 months.

Any ideas on where you will be heading in Queensland?

Yeah i must admit it has crossed my mind about work, Im going with an open mind, i will work at anything whether it be in building trade on in a coffe shop, my wife works for the education none teaching, she had made contact with Qlnd education schools and said when she arrives come and see them for work, we hope to settle in Oxenford as property here looks spacious plots, Robina very nice although a little over priced, i am able to buy something around $750,000 cash so no worries for paying mortgage. so with that alone takes the pressure off us, how about you what area you like??

Yeah i must admit it has crossed my mind about work, Im going with an open mind, i will work at anything whether it be in building trade on in a coffe shop, my wife works for the education none teaching, she had made contact with Qlnd education schools and said when she arrives come and see them for work, we hope to settle in Oxenford as property here looks spacious plots, Robina very nice although a little over priced, i am able to buy something around $750,000 cash so no worries for paying mortgage. so with that alone takes the pressure off us, how about you what area you like??

I have no idea what area to settle in. Where would a young single man want to live? I never really researched into this as I thought it would be best to get the ball moving on the visa first, then worry about where to live next.

Wow you will have no worries about getting a house out there with that sort of money and who knows, the pound might become stronger against the dollar by the time you leave so you could afford alot more.

I am going with an open mind as I have other skills apart from being a Carpenter/Joiner, buts its always at the back of my mind about the employment issue. Oh well, I will worry about that another time.

Keep in touch.

Matt

hi proview &WBBB,

i to am a C/Joiner heading for QLD hopefully end of this year (v/lodged 07/09) i am looking at getting our medicals done v/soon, am i right in thinking that when attending the medicals you need with you the 2 forms (160, 26) passport, colour copies of passport bio data page, per each applicant, are anymore potos required

rgds Jack

hi proview &WBBB,

i to am a C/Joiner heading for QLD hopefully end of this year (v/lodged 07/09) i am looking at getting our medicals done v/soon, am i right in thinking that when attending the medicals you need with you the 2 forms (160, 26) passport, colour copies of passport bio data page, per each applicant, are anymore potos required

rgds Jack

Hi Jack

I am not entirely sure what you must bring with you. I know that you have to bring forms 160 and 26 plus your passport. Perhaps Proview will reply with all the details.

Cheers

Hi Jack

I am not entirely sure what you must bring with you. I know that you have to bring forms 160 and 26 plus your passport. Perhaps Proview will reply with all the details.

Cheers

You need the two forms, your passport, ( plus two passport photos, one for each form), copies of significant past or present medical conditions and a method of payment.

ha ha, yeah I paid the reception a pay off so she could book me in early :biggrin:

Where abouts in Australia are you heading?

I was planning on QLD because thats were we applied for the SS 176 visa but also applied for 175, but when we got confirmations we recieved a case office we have thought about Adelaide....houses more value for money and seems like there is more work.....really dont know.

Which team have you got we got team 2

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Matt,

I am so sorry that I missed your FANTASTIC news!!!!!!!! Brilliant, magic, excellent. I am truly thrilled for you mate!!! So chuffed to read this. Hope all went well with your medicals. Not long now Matt. I shall be keeping my eyes peeled to this thread to congratulate you when you get your visa award.

Hugs

Lorraine, Ian and boys xx

Great news pal.....see you in manchester for the medicals x

Hi mate,

I had my medicals in Manchester, I posted the following on another thread so thought I would just mention it to you as you are heading to Manchester. Really nice and polite people at the Manchester medical centre, just off Deansgate.

I had my medicals last Friday. It was nervous at first like anyone would be but I had a great time. I seen Dr Brendon Smith in Manchester.

They check the following;

Eyesight (do the old hand over the eye test and read from the board)

He also checks your actually eyes and has you stare straight ahead.

Hearing (checks your lug hole)

Blood Pressure

Height and Weight

Provide a Urine Test

HIV test. (if you have a tattoo or piercings then you have to have Hepatitis tests, cant remember which ones but they do cost extra).

They ask you to get down to your dudds (underwear) and go behind the curtain.

Then you lie down on the bed and check the mobility of your legs (just checking for any aches or pains etc). Whilst on the bed he will press on certain parts of the stomach area and ask you to breath in to full capacity, then release. Then repeat.

Then you sit up and he checks your breathing, again asking you to breath in several times.

Have you stand up, bend down and touch your toes, bend from side to side. He then checks the muscles in your neck.

Checks inside your mouth and asks you to say arrrrggggggghh.

And finally, you have x-rays, one from the front and one from the side.

That's about all I Can remember.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Hey Matt,

I am so sorry that I missed your FANTASTIC news!!!!!!!! Brilliant, magic, excellent. I am truly thrilled for you mate!!! So chuffed to read this. Hope all went well with your medicals. Not long now Matt. I shall be keeping my eyes peeled to this thread to congratulate you when you get your visa award.

Hugs

Lorraine, Ian and boys xx

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am really chuffed and had my medicals last friday. Just sent off my police checks for Australia and the UK so I have done everything I possible can, now I have to wait again, but this time I hope the waiting wont be to long.

How are things with you? I see you that you have a similar time line to me.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Cheers

Matt

Hi mate,

I had my medicals in Manchester, I posted the following on another thread so thought I would just mention it to you as you are heading to Manchester. Really nice and polite people at the Manchester medical centre, just off Deansgate.

I had my medicals last Friday. It was nervous at first like anyone would be but I had a great time. I seen Dr Brendon Smith in Manchester.

They check the following;

Eyesight (do the old hand over the eye test and read from the board)

He also checks your actually eyes and has you stare straight ahead.

Hearing (checks your lug hole)

Blood Pressure

Height and Weight

Provide a Urine Test

HIV test. (if you have a tattoo or piercings then you have to have Hepatitis tests, cant remember which ones but they do cost extra).

They ask you to get down to your dudds (underwear) and go behind the curtain.

Then you lie down on the bed and check the mobility of your legs (just checking for any aches or pains etc). Whilst on the bed he will press on certain parts of the stomach area and ask you to breath in to full capacity, then release. Then repeat.

Then you sit up and he checks your breathing, again asking you to breath in several times.

Have you stand up, bend down and touch your toes, bend from side to side. He then checks the muscles in your neck.

Checks inside your mouth and asks you to say arrrrggggggghh.

And finally, you have x-rays, one from the front and one from the side.

That's about all I Can remember.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Hi

Glad everything went well, its mine on the 1st April too, so not long

How long was u there am just dreading it with a 2 yrs old...god he will be bored. :arghh:

Hi

Glad everything went well, its mine on the 1st April too, so not long

How long was u there am just dreading it with a 2 yrs old...god he will be bored. :arghh:

I was there for just over an hour but I was waiting a while to get in. My appointment was for 4pm, didnt get seen till quarter past 4 and was out for just after 5.

The waiting room is pretty big so you could always bring something for him to play with?

Archived