social worker with not enough points ??

Andy, Paula & co

Hi I wonder if anyone can help...i am a qual social worker (2 years) and am finding that I dont have enough points for a 175 visa ( have got 100) as I am 41 . I am getting conflicting info with immi.gov advising that need 12 months work experience in last 24 month. However when doing points test it asks for 3 years experience out of last 4 years. I have looked at the sponsored visa and although less points at 100 they ask for many more years experience. Has anyone come across this or am I looking at this whole thing wrong:mad:

Guest jigarercivil

if you are claiming for 10th points then you need to prove 3 years experience out of last 4 year but if you don't want any point means zero for work experience even though you need to get 12 months experience out of 24 months...this is basic requirements

Hi I wonder if anyone can help...i am a qual social worker (2 years) and am finding that I dont have enough points for a 175 visa ( have got 100) as I am 41 . I am getting conflicting info with immi.gov advising that need 12 months work experience in last 24 month. However when doing points test it asks for 3 years experience out of last 4 years. I have looked at the sponsored visa and although less points at 100 they ask for many more years experience. Has anyone come across this or am I looking at this whole thing wrong:mad:

if you are claiming for 10th points then you need to prove 3 years experience out of last 4 year but if you don't want any point means zero for work experience even though you need to get 12 months experience out of 24 months...this is basic requirements

Thanks,, so looks like I will have to xplore the state/teritory sponsership route then as they are 100 points each; however the required work experience may be more than i have got..

Thanks,, so looks like I will have to xplore the state/teritory sponsership route then as they are 100 points each; however the required work experience may be more than i have got..

You need to work this out before you do anything else, do you have the experience or not? If you don't there is no point proceeding at the moment, it is absolutely mandatory to have 12 out of 24 months experience.

To get an extra ten points you need 3 out of 4 years, these requirements are strict. To years and eleven months would not work for example.

The DIAC information is not accurate, but it is not conflicting:

QUOTE]3 years experience out of last 4 years is wrong. The criterion is 36 months in the 48, which is probably effectively the same in your case.

12 months in the 24 months immediately preceding a visa application is the core work experience requirement, for which no points are awarded.

I suggest you consult a registered migration agent to ascertain what visa strategies might be open to you.

You need to work this out before you do anything else, do you have the experience or not? If you don't there is no point proceeding at the moment, it is absolutely mandatory to have 12 out of 24 months experience.

To get an extra ten points you need 3 out of 4 years, these requirements are strict. To years and eleven months would not work for example.

Sorry I am not being clear...yes i have enough experience to satisfy the mandatory requirement; however i am under the impression that some areas request a minimum ammount of experience for state sponsership ie some state 5 years experience.

Sorry I am not being clear...yes i have enough experience to satisfy the mandatory requirement; however i am under the impression that some areas request a minimum ammount of experience for state sponsership ie some state 5 years experience.

Yes that can be true, varies by state and occupation. If the state website states that you need more experience, then you will need to wait until you have it. You still have time.

Archived