House up for Auction - it's happening!

christopher

Well we have put the house up for Auction today, luckily the real estate agent thinks we should get a decent price for it and we should make some money from the house. But havng made the major step and decision I feel nervous as hell, far more so than when we sold up to come out here. Even though I know I have been unhappy for most of our time here and can't wait to get back home and build our lives there I feel like Im double guessing myself and just hope it's the right decision, is this normal did anyone else who was so so sure about going home get really nervous??

Guest chris955

Yes I would imagine that is normal for just about everyone. How many times do you read on here that people have their visas but feel very nervous about what they are doing. It is perfectly normal.

Good luck with your return.

Well we have put the house up for Auction today, luckily the real estate agent thinks we should get a decent price for it and we should make some money from the house. But havng made the major step and decision I feel nervous as hell, far more so than when we sold up to come out here. Even though I know I have been unhappy for most of our time here and can't wait to get back home and build our lives there I feel like Im double guessing myself and just hope it's the right decision, is this normal did anyone else who was so so sure about going home get really nervous??

Christopher, I can totally relate. We put our property up for sale in January and it sold only weeks later for a really good price and the buyer even wants to buy all our furniture from us... now that the house sale is out of the way, the tickets home purchased ... we have even bought a house in Scotland, in the country, 5 mins walk away from my sister ... all the stuff my dreams are made of are happening! And it all happened so fast! I too find myself feeling extremely nervous! Nervous about what, I cannot put my finger on! We know it is the right thing for us.. we have been going to do this for over 10 years but didn't get the confidence to do it until about a year or so ago. The adrenalin is pumping through my veins like a rollercoaster! We move out of here in two weeks and then fly back home two weeks after that.

I hope your auction goes really really well (is it soon?) and when that's out of the way just enjoy the excitement of planning your life back home!

:biggrin:

Yes, I have a sense of nervousness and butterflies too. We've just sold our house, bought our tickets and starting to look for jobs on the UK. I think anytime you have something changing in your life it causes you to be nervous - reminds you you're alive! Good luck with the auction!

We have just accepted an offer on our house and at last, I can start to make solid plans.....................well, going to wait until I have it in writing.

I am totally overwhelmed at the moment trying to decide what takes priority in arranging this move back to Scotland. I suppose it is only natural that fear, trepidation and nervousness take over.............................it is a major decision to move back.

Looking back, it would appear that moving here seemed so much more easier ????

And no, I do not hate Australia....................just feel that I have acheived what I set out to acheive and feel that the time has come to move on again....

Will I regret it ?.................Only time will tell..........................

Gill

Guest cricketbackinengland

I never allowed myself to feel nervous although I probably was underneath all the sheer determination to get back home after 7 years in Oz. Been home nearly 18 months now, no regrets, lovely to be back home in the wind, rain and grey because I know Spring is just around the corner and in a few short weeks summer won't be far off, then it will be Christmas again and there's nothing like a white Christmas, mulled wine, mince pies, carol singing and grumpy relatives sitting all under one roof on Christmas day. Lucky, I haven't got any but all these things add up to life here in England. I have not, I repeat have not witnessed crime on mass levels, crowding, mass unemployment, the country going to the dogs, etc, etc, etc. Get the odd new age traveller passing through but they are usually harmless.

Love watching the Hairy Bikers cooking programme, Jamie Oliver, Morse, Last of the Summer Wine, Vicar of Dibley and all those old soppy black and white films.

The best things are fish and chips in paper, sausages, Marmite, proper chocolate that doesn't have the duel effect of a laxative and stilton cheese!

You'll be fine. Nerves are normal. Where are you coming back to?

PS Christopher! A big welcome back for when you get back here. Someone should start a welcome back committee for all those nervous people heading back here. I'm sure it would help. Welcome back to England anyway Chris and to anyone heading back this way. At least we're heading into Spring and out of Winter.

Cricket, thanks for that... I JUST CANNOT WAIT TO GET BACK!!!

: )

Thought it might help. :-) Glad if it did. I made a massive home made meat and potato pie last weekend with mushy peas, onion gravy and pickled onions. It smelled lovely in the oven and reminded me of the best days of childhood. I got approx one eighth of the pie, hubby grabbed the rest! Now I have to make another one, sigh! Nothing like it on a winters day though.

Cheers for the replys, auction is on the 26th of March, I'm a bit nervous about the auction but we thought we'd chance our arm, we are in a nice sought after suburb so hopefully we get what we want for it. We'll be moving back to Yorkshire, I never thought I'd miss the old county as much as I have, I'll be looking forward to celebrating our return in a nice cozy pub with a pint of real beer. Strange how the little things seem important when they aren't there!

I'm sad it hasn't worked out as planned but what I am greatful for is it has given me a real apreciation of where I come from and the feeling of knowing where I belong, which is very comforting. I won't be taking it for granted anymore!

Guest peacock

Its noticeable that the difference between the folk going home and the ones coming over is the Oz's seem able to sell there houses before going back , but the others are struggling and having to rent out there propertys, probably a good indicator to the different economys and how there travelling

Its noticeable that the difference between the folk going home and the ones coming over is the Oz's seem able to sell there houses before going back , but the others are struggling and having to rent out there propertys, probably a good indicator to the different economys and how there travelling

It depends how much you're prepared to drop on your house price. A lot of property here is still overpriced and I know how the Oz real estate agents work. I sold my house over there last May luckily. Would not have got the same price now going by what my real estate agent son tells me.

People have a choice here. They can either sell for a lower price now, or wait till next year when things are predicted to be more stable and sell then. Depends how fast you want to leave or come back.

Do not be misled into thinking it is easier to sell your house here in Oz. As cricket has stated, people are having to drop their prices to acheive that elusive sale.

All we wanted was to get back what we paid to have the house built and we were lucky to acheive this.

Again, I think it is all dependant on what area you live in and what type of house you have - oldish property v's new build mcmansion type.

Anyway, back to Christopher...........good luck with the auction - hope it goes well for you.

Gill

Guest chris955

My brother has had his house in Cornubia for sale for 15 months, he has now dropped the price by around $60,000 and still not sold.

Guest peacock
My brother has had his house in Cornubia for sale for 15 months, he has now dropped the price by around $60,000 and still not sold.

Must be overpriced or in poor condition or both :cool:

There could be a little spanner in the works. I want to get permanent residency before we leave, which I beloved I can apply for after 2years (it's just over 2 since my spouse visa was granted) but when I've enquired they said it could take 8 months to process, does anyone know if I can still get it if Ive gone back to the UK?

Good job our market is still working the bottom has dropped out of the Spanish property market, people just cannot sell the houses and if they do the prices are so low.

There must be a real influx of people returning from Spain now. Gov will be worried thought it had got rid of all of us and then they come back :laugh:

Archived