Anyone else in Sydney looking at getting their pets vaccinated agains rabies?

cdb

Looking at getting the cat vaccinated in order to keep my options open in case I need to return to europe, As you've probably also found out theres a Australiawide shortage of the vaccine and they need to be bought in viles of 10 at a cost of $322 If anyone else is thinking of getting this vaccination done let me know and we could split the costs.

Not only Australia wide shortage but worldwide shortage. I'm not sure how they can be available if you buy 10, but not available if you want one. $322 for 10 ? It costs $300 for the vet to vaccinate 1 cat with 1 viale. So it looks like you have got the deal of the century. Then there's the blood sample test, thats extra. The blood sample has to be sent to the UK for testing, as they dont trust it being done here.

When we got our dog's rabies vaccine done there was just us and one other couple having their dog vaccinated too. Our vet ordered the vaccine on a Thursday and it was there on the Monday morning. The cost was $230 ($65 Consultation fee plus $164 for the Vaccine). Then 4 weeks later, we had the blood test at a cost of $210.

cdb, maybe you should check with your vet that the 10 vial situation is absolutely correct.

When we got our dog's rabies vaccine done there was just us and one other couple having their dog vaccinated too. Our vet ordered the vaccine on a Thursday and it was there on the Monday morning. The cost was $230 ($65 Consultation fee plus $164 for the Vaccine). Then 4 weeks later, we had the blood test at a cost of $210.

cdb, maybe you should check with your vet that the 10 vial situation is absolutely correct.

I called today and they confirmed it :(

Anyone else in sydney interested in getting a pet vaccinated? I can collect both you and your pet from anywhere within a reasonable distance of sydney and transport you to the vet,

Just need to get this done now!

Archived