closely related occupation

Merxi

Hi, do you have experience with closely related occupation?

I have my assessment for position as IT teacher, but currently I'm working in IT as Developer. Do you think this is closely related?

I need working experience for my visa and I have experience only as Developer.

Thanks for help

Hi, do you have experience with closely related occupation?

I have my assessment for position as IT teacher, but currently I'm working in IT as Developer. Do you think this is closely related?

I need working experience for my visa and I have experience only as Developer.

Thanks for help

Why do you need 'closely related'.

Australian work experience

You are eligible to be awarded Australian work experience points if you have been employed in Australia:

• at a skilled level acquired after gaining your qualifications in your nominated occupation or in a closely related occupation on the SOL

Because this it one of the requirements. And If they can accept my working experience from Australia. My assessment is as VET teacher - IT and I'm working as developer.

From IMMI about Australian work experience:

You are eligible to be awarded Australian work experience points if you have been employed in Australia:

• at a skilled level acquired after gaining your qualifications in your nominated occupation or in a closely related occupation on the SOL

I'm not sure about my working experience. If is closely related of if is completely different occupation.

Because this it one of the requirements. And If they can accept my working experience from Australia. My assessment is as VET teacher - IT and I'm working as developer.

From IMMI about Australian work experience:

I'm not sure about my working experience. If is closely related of if is completely different occupation.

Closely related is not defined in the regulations, but there are some guidelines.

Claims of closely related are assessed case-by-case.

I advise that you should consult a registered migration agent who has experience in this area.

Archived