new (43 yr old) midwife permanent visa?

Guest ballybeg0

Guest ballybeg0

Hi,

Am new to this website, but have a query that I hope you can help me with. I am due to qualify as a midwife this year here in Ireland, getting my registration mid October. I am 43 next month and have a husband and 3 kids, 16, 14 and 11. I want to try and get out asap but believe that I need a yrs experience to get a skilled migration visa. If I came out on a 457 visa how long would it be before I could apply for permanent residency? And does the 45 yr old limit still apply and the same points system as I would be 44+ by the time I arrive? I believe there is a new points system in July and am not sure if I'd qualify then... I have 3 siblings in Australia, any of whom would sponsor me.

Questions, questions... Am open to area, but was probably thinking North NSW.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks Anne

hi there, I think the quickest way is on a sponsored visa - you apply for a job and they sponsor you - all could take a matter of a few months. You need at least a years experience - and you cant work until you are registered with aphra which is taking quite a few months. If you go out on a 457 temporary visa you can apply for pr after approx 12mth - the hospital should nominate you. Hope this helps a little, Julie

Guest ballybeg0

Thanks Julie. I believe I can get a 457 without experience as they are so in need of midwives. My problem is that if I arrive Summer 2012 I will be 44 and if I have to wait a year I will be 45 and half and so don't know if that puts me out of the running. I dont want to make the move if I'm not certain that I could stay....

Anne

Archived