Spouse visa-include photos?

bennyboy

Hi to all

Has anyone that has done or is doing a spouse visa application, included photo's from holidays taken together, or your wedding or just general family photo's?

Is it important to include these or apart from what is on the check list, what else has anyone included with application?

I dont want to send it if later on i realise i have left something important out.

Also, does anyone know what the processing times are for application sent without police certs and medicals done upfront?

Any comments please would be great, thank you.:wubclub:

Guest Guest31881
Hi to all

Has anyone that has done or is doing a spouse visa application, included photo's from holidays taken together, or your wedding or just general family photo's?

Is it important to include these or apart from what is on the check list, what else has anyone included with application?

I dont want to send it if later on i realise i have left something important out.

Also, does anyone know what the processing times are for application sent without police certs and medicals done upfront?

Any comments please would be great, thank you.:wubclub:

I only sent photos to back up what we said in our statements, so if I mentioned a wedding we attended I included a photo of us at the wedding. General photos prove nothing so no need to go berserk.

I believe at the moment processing times are around 6 months, it does not matter if front load or not.

Here's what they emailed me (they send a shorter email these days):

How Should I Put My Application Together?

Please do not make complex collations of your application papers. We waste a lot of time (and risk injury to life and limb) deconstructing applications which have been extensively stapled or artfully put together in complex folders with indexes, dividers and tabs. Do not use plastic inserts. Please leave the papers, loosely divided by slide-on paper clips if you feel it is absolutely necessary, in a simple stack. Application form on the top; sponsorship form next; key personal documents next (birth and marriage certificates etc); formal statutory declarations next; and other supporting documents last.

Please do not send us video tapes or photograph albums. If you would like to support your claims with photographs, please choose a representative selection and make a photocopy.

Please do not send us phone cards at all as they can tell us nothing. If you wish to send examples of correspondence, please be very selective and send copies only.

Full email is here: The Joy of Emigration: A Useful Email

Archived