AHPRA - Registration

trace1

Ok here goes..sent my application and documents off to become registered in Oz in order to be able to work as a midwife about 11 weeks ago now..they have such a backlog have only just looked at them to tell me that they have not been signed by the correct signiaturory..I know midwives that have had their documents signed by a solicitor which is what I have had done, but AHPRA state that this has to be a either a public notary or a justice of the peace..it states on the interet that most public notaries are solicitors so am confused, can anyone HELP PLS lol

Also I have sent a letter from my school stating that I attended senior school here in the UK and have given the results of the exams that I took, I had to pay a fee for this however this is not enough as it does not state that all classes were taught in English. Seems absurd as English is our first Language here in the UK, you would think that this would be good enough for AHPRA but is not.

CRAAAAAZY lol:arghh:

Guest Guest41869

Hi, i'm not sure if this is of any help but this is my experience of getting registered with APHRA. I applied on 1st July last year, heard nothing by october so i phoned them to be told they had only recieved my application on 26th september and is was missing somewhere between Melbourne and Sydney. Still heard nothing so called again in December, again nothng had moved forward and application sitting in the system doing nothing. Phoned them again in Jan this year and got a little cross to be honest, within 2 weeks i got a letter saying i had satisified their criteria and all i need to do is go into APHRAs local office and comfirm my identity.

I got my papers certified by a solicitor and just sent a copy of my GCSE certificates to prove my secondary education so i'm not quite sure why they are questioning your application unless the rules have changed in the last 7 months. It is an absolute nightmare trying to get through on the phone but it would seem it was worth the effort in my case.

Good luck

You are both not alone on this one. There is another thread in the jobs and careers section on AHPRA and almost everyone has had the same experience. I applied on 10th August and just received my eligibility letter on 10th Jan and that was with phoning nearly every week since October.

And now it seems my eligibility letter is not enough for Queensland and my State sponsorship.They want an actual certificate of registration, which I know AHPRA are not issuing. I too have to present myself at an AHPRA office with my ID and letter once I get out to Brisbane. Just when you think you have jumped the worst hurdle with AHPRA and its inefficient systems another hurdle is put in your way. But thats another story:chatterbox:

My advice keep on their backs, phone every week, when you get through to AHPRA make sure to be asked to be put through to the office in the state dealing with your application. The 1 time I didnt ask was when I was given absolute rubbish info. Wasn't happy so rang straight back, just hoping and praying I woudn't get the same woman, Phew, i didnt, :wacko: asked to be put through to Brisbane only to be told my eligibility letter was in the post and email had just been sent.

So please !!!! Persevere, keep ringing them. I had to send certified copies by a notary which cost a fortune, but there has been folk who are more daring than I who have literally gone to the courts, hung around and asked a judge to sign. And have been done for free. Cost me 140 quid to get all my forms signed. CRAZY,.

Anyway good luck with it all. x Helen

Hi Helen, I notice you said your eligibility was not enough for Queensland and your state sponsorship. Is a condition of getting state sponsorship being registered with AHPRA?

Elizabeth

It is I am being told. On my letter of state sponsorship approval last year it does say once my registration comes through, my 1100 nomination form can be then forwarded on to DIAC. But AHPRA are not giving registration, just eligibility and then turn up at the office when I get out there with my ID.

So Queensland are sticking with the rule, but are going to investigate with AHPRA, maybe things may change. Although on their SMP guidelines for nurses it says "Eligible for NURSING REG" But the woman in queensland says it's just wording in Australia.....:confused: I think they need to sit the IELTS test.......LOL :laugh::laugh:To me "Eligible" means eligible which is what I have got. My letter from AHPRA say "Eligible to register to work as a registered nurse". Such a pain cos this is the only thing holding us up on the 176. Meds finalised, frontloaded in Dec.... Nightmare. I have also last week submitted a 457 application and then go out and sort my reg. Start work and just wait for 176.

Are you off to Queensland???? I might start a thread fro nurses going to QLD to see if there is anyone else in the same position as me.

Hi Helen,

I've applied to South Australia but I've not included any evidence of registrstion as I've not started that process as yet. It just asked me if I thought I would meet all requirements for registration which I said yes to. Worried now!!

Seems to be a bit of confusion and its becoming a headache. Especially with the problems people are having trying to deal with AHPRA.

Does anyone know if this is a requirement for South Australia Sponsorship?

Hi Helen,

I've applied to South Australia but I've not included any evidence of registrstion as I've not started that process as yet. It just asked me if I thought I would meet all requirements for registration which I said yes to. Worried now!!

Seems to be a bit of confusion and its becoming a headache. Especially with the problems people are having trying to deal with AHPRA.

Does anyone know if this is a requirement for South Australia Sponsorship?

I think it's just Queensland

• 3 months later...
Guest Ferrywebs

Hi Tracey there was only 1 solicitor in my area that was also a public notary, it cost me 45 pounds and about 20 mins to get it done. i submitted my paperwork to AHPRA on sept 17th, i emailed and phoned every couple of weeks and they said there was a back log as they had been taken over, and that ozzy nurses were renewing their registration for jan. i was assured it would be sorted and booked my flight for jan 17th. i was due to start work March but said i would start feb, but that didn`t happen as they had not even looked at my application even though i had been told i was assigned a case officer. I went into the office in Melbourne to see them and my paperwork was then sent to the adelaide office as they were not so busy and assigned a case officer who i was able to phone directly.She told me they did not have copy of my registration from the NMC, so phoned them and paid by credit card to have them send it again. Phoned AHPRA every week, who said they didnt have it, after 3 weeks phoned NMC for tracking number of letter, phoned AUS Mail to trace it, and was told it had been signed by someone at there office. Phoned AHPRA yet again who said they didnt have it, then she phoned a week later on 6th April to say go into Melbourne office with passport and that was me registered ! Eventually started work 11th April ! They are so slow, obviously need more staff ! :arghh:

Ok here goes..sent my application and documents off to become registered in Oz in order to be able to work as a midwife about 11 weeks ago now..they have such a backlog have only just looked at them to tell me that they have not been signed by the correct signiaturory..I know midwives that have had their documents signed by a solicitor which is what I have had done, but AHPRA state that this has to be a either a public notary or a justice of the peace..it states on the interet that most public notaries are solicitors so am confused, can anyone HELP PLS lol

Also I have sent a letter from my school stating that I attended senior school here in the UK and have given the results of the exams that I took, I had to pay a fee for this however this is not enough as it does not state that all classes were taught in English. Seems absurd as English is our first Language here in the UK, you would think that this would be good enough for AHPRA but is not.

CRAAAAAZY lol:arghh:

Well finally got letter of eligibility to work as a midwife in Queensland 21st March...took nearly 5 months in all lol...you really do just have to keep on at them...as soon as I phoned they said they had a backlog but then started looking at my application...once all the correct documents were back it really only took a few days for them to send the letter of eligibility out...seems that most of the time we are waiting our applications are left in a BIG pile to be seen...is a shame they can't look at the documents first then inform us of what is missing so that we can send them as soon as possible as there always seems to be something missing...anyway with reg done now have a job in Townsville...not where we thought we'd go cos we wanted to move to the Gold Coast but not many jobs about...the hospital are sorting out visa and rental out there though and could not be more helpful so fingers crossed...am hoping to be in Oz by August

Good Luck to anyone trying to get registration...it will happen honest..like I said you just have keep your cool but let them know you are here and are waiting

Thankyou AHPRA :notworthy:

Archived