visas' and stuff

Guest scottee

Guest scottee

hi again

something i should have asked before now, has anyone gone through the visa application by themselves and not through an agency.i've seen the list from the oz gov and it looks like they have been done by a civil servant for a civil servant to understand them,you know what i mean.feedback most welcome.

thanks

scottee

Hi Scotty

Loads of people do it themselves, we didnt though but I think if we'd known about sites like this then we may have done.

I think if your application is quite straight forward then its quite easy to do it yourself, you just need to read, read, & read again and check everything over and over again!!

If its more complicated then using an agent can be the difference between passing and failing.

Have a look through the site and if you need anymore info just ask away, if you post your questions in the 'migration' part of the forum then you will get lots of answers.

Good Luck

Sam xx

Guest lcys2460

Hi Scottee,

Totally agree with Sam, if you think your application is straightforward (and you've got enough points) then do it yourself and save your money for Australia! That's what we've done. You've got people on this site to ask for advise if you need it but like Sam said, read, read, read and check, check, check!.... you really can't do that enough.

Lynda

Guest Liz and Paul

Hi Scottee,

We decided on using an agent in the end and are using ASA. Their advice particularly with putting together the TRA assessment was absolutely fantastic and without them I don't think we'd have passed first time, every question we had, as silly as some of them were, were answered the same day by e-mail, and can't recommend them enough, but go for it if you can do it yourself!!

Guest Gollywobbler
thanks folks that is good news.i will get my reading head on and get stuck in

thanks again

scottee

Hi Scottee

I did my mother's application for a Contributory Parent visa. Potentially there were legal complications with it but they worked out OK in the end. I think skilled visas are more difficult because of the skills assessment. CP visas are relatively straightforward by comparison.

I recommend printing everything off as you go through the DIAC website and trapping it all in a ring-binder. Otherwise you end up following link after link in the DIAC website and the machine then does you a favour by taking itself offline. You can't then remember how to get back to the bit you were poring over.

As the others have said, it is certainly possible to do it yourself but be prepared to spend HOURS reading and also do make sure that you check absolutely everything t least 12 times before you trust it.

Cheers

Gill

Guest scottee

hi everyone

just read your feedback and i'm starting to think that an agent might be a good way ahead.i logged onto the oz gov site and i can see how easy it would be to make a few mistakes along the way.when i go for visa i want to do it properly and not waste money or time.looked at houses on north shore in sydney but i think we will end up in brisbane all going well and i don't mean that in a bad way,seems to be more choice for your money up there(realestate.com.au) so lets hope all goes well.

thanks all

scottee

Guest scottee

hi liz+paul

thanks for the reply yesterday.that sounds like the time scale i was hoping for.what is the name of your agent?by the sounds of it you should be on the beach pretty soon.all the best

scottee

hi liz+paul

thanks for the reply yesterday.that sounds like the time scale i was hoping for.what is the name of your agent?by the sounds of it you should be on the beach pretty soon.all the best

scottee

Scottee

The timescales don't alter whether you go it alone or use an agent.

We used an agent on a very straight forward app because we were too busy. We still needed to gather the info and refs together but being told what to do and get appealed to us more than saving the extra money. It is very straight forward though and you can obtain all the advice from here as to how to what info is needed. IF however it is more complicated, then seek the advice of an agent. Most give free consultations initially anyway so I would suggest starting by speaking to someone.

Lots of agent recommendations on here, try a search, good luck. x

Guest Liz and Paul

Hi Scottee,

Our Agent is ASA which is Australia Immigration and Australia Visa Consultants - ASA, we just filled in the on-line assessment and went from there - very easy!!

We too wanted to move to the Northern beaches, Sydney as we lived in Manly for 8 months years ago, but can't afford the house prices even a little further north, so are heading to go to the Gold Coast as its more affordable and for us the typical aussie beach lifestyle that we're after, prob Robina/Merrimac region, although will be quietish compared to Sydney!! whereabouts are you heading?

:wacko:

Guest scottee

hi folks

i use to live in coogee (96/97) think thats why i fancied going back to sydney.my oh has a cousin in beenleigh and it's look quite a good location more or less in between brisbane and surfers,so that is where we will end sooner than later.i'm a joiner to trade so better look out me stubbies mate for working outside.thanks again,i'll have a look at the site.

bye

scottee

Guest scottee

hello

i'm a joiner to trade and hoping to get in on a general skill migration visa,heading for brisbane.

bye for now

• 9 months later...

Hi,

we did the visa apps ourselves. Although it was stressful waiting and waiting for results, the application itself was not difficult to do. We have a 457 visa and recently relocated to NSW. There will still be more paperwork to complete in a few years time, but I think that you can do it yourself.

Liz

Guest scottee

hi lizzy

thanks for the reply i just came across it yesterday.we are now looking at Beenleigh in Queensland my wife has a cousin there.i'm still in pomland and just waiting for my assessment back from vetassess,what a pain it is to go through all this you would never think they are crying out for trades people.thanks again lizzy

scott

• 1 month later...
Guest doug_r2005

Hi all,

I'm almost ready sending my TRA application form to Canberra. Could anybody be kind enough for giving me advice on the payment. I have been told I can pay it by cheque in Barclay's bank, for oversea's. After doing so, would I be quoted a reference or something with proof for payment before sending my application off. Also is a photocopy of the inside of my passport accepted providing it has been certyfied.

Thanks all,

Doug...

Archived