Calling all carpenters for advice

Guest LeaB

My boyfriend is a carpenter and joiner (he also is project manager on many jobs in the UK) and we were wondering what he will need to get jobs when we arrive. Should he bring some references and a CV or do they not really use CVs in Oz for carpentry jobs? Also, will he need to get his qualifications accredited somewhere or will he be able to go straight to work? Also, are you able to work for yourself straight away or do you need to work for an employer for a certain amount of time?

Sorry for so many questions!

Leanne:huh:

Guest Working to fish

HI

He will need to do his tra ,thats the 1st step .

If you have not been there yet look on the www.immi.au web site for all info.

hope i have given you the right name ,if it,s wrong you can find it on the site.

cheers.

Thank you for your replies.

Sorry, I was not clear. We have our visas and are coming over in Oct. We have obviously done TRA etc and so have that paperwork. I am just trying to get organised and if my boyfriend will need a CV or references or if these are not really needed for carpentry jobs.

Also, I was wondering if he would be alolowed to set out doing his own jobs straight away or if he needs to work for an employer for a set amount of time.

We will be travelling for up to a year to start with and then hope to settle in Brisbane.

Archived