Daughter doesnt want to go to oz

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Reading thread with intrest and playing devil's advocate what would happen if you got there and after 12 months you hated the place but your daughter loved it, would you take her back after making her go in the first place when she did not want to go.

Hi Dont worry anout ur daughter with the boyfriend my daughter was 15 had been with her boyfriend a year, they where not happy of course, but shes had had 3 boyfriends since we got here, and shes very happy. She still speaks to her old boyfriend on facebook. Please dont worry she will hate u for a few months but all kids hate there parents when they are teeagers. She will thank you in a few months.

xx:biggrin:

Reading thread with intrest and playing devil's advocate what would happen if you got there and after 12 months you hated the place but your daughter loved it, would you take her back after making her go in the first place when she did not want to go.

Yes I would have taken my kids back home if I hadnt liked it. Having 3 kids we talked about this at the time. And at the end of the day they are kids and we are the adults.

Guest Taylor72
Hi Dont worry anout ur daughter with the boyfriend my daughter was 15 had been with her boyfriend a year, they where not happy of course, but shes had had 3 boyfriends since we got here, and shes very happy. She still speaks to her old boyfriend on facebook. Please dont worry she will hate u for a few months but all kids hate there parents when they are teeagers. She will thank you in a few months.

xx:biggrin:

Thanx Anita

Its comforting to know of someone who has gone through what we facing at the moment. I feel so bad some times. Did your daughter go straight into year 11 when she moved over??

Hows she settling into their education system?

Annette x

Yes I would have taken my kids back home if I hadnt liked it. Having 3 kids we talked about this at the time. And at the end of the day they are kids and we are the adults.

hhmmm OK.

Hi,

Yes I have a 15 year old daughter who was in her last year of school back home and of course did NOT want to leave all her friends and move to Melbourne, ahh it broke my heart and I felt just awful at what we were doing to her, but these opportunities only come your way once, so we decided to take the plunge and go for it!

It has been a roller coaster ride to say the least, but now we have been here for 7 months and our daughter loves it!! So much so, she says she never wants to go back to the UK!! She loves her school, her teachers, her lessons ( shock horror! ) and has made some lovely friends, plus now has a boyfriend.

My opinion now is, Kids are resilient and adapt well, it is the parents who suffer the most!!

Good Luck!

Hi is there anyone who has children who didnt want to go to oz, but did go with thier family and now think its great, my daughter is 12 and has made some good friends at secondary school and doesnt want to leave . also she would be leaving her stepsister who is 25 and just recently had a baby. Is there anyone who can reassure her that it will be ok . I think i am doing the right thing for my family . How has it worked out for anyone else.

Thanx Anita

Its comforting to know of someone who has gone through what we facing at the moment. I feel so bad some times. Did your daughter go straight into year 11 when she moved over??

Hows she settling into their education system?

Annette x

Hi Annette My eldest went into year 11 and made some reaaly great friends, school was fine she was a bit oh God have a really got to go to school again, but she said she was glad it made life a lot easier for her.

She finished school last nov and passed her A levels and is now going to college in feb, life is a lot better for her here.

She speaks to all her mates and they ask her to come home and she tells them to come here, shes never going home she tell me this is home.

We all worry but please try and not to.

Where are u moving to if you dont mind me asking

Anita :chatterbox:

Archived